25% GPU Usage Using Replay Buffer

Hxnd

Hello!

Just noticed when using Replay Buffer it's taking on average 25% of my GPU (according to Task Manager). Currently using RTX 3080 and Ryzen 5600X. I don't believe it was using this many resources before and I'm trying to figure out what has changed or if this is normal. While in some games it stays at 25% and in others it peaks to 50% GPU usage. I disabled look ahead and psycho visual tuning and that reduced the load from 27-28% down to this average 25 but would like to reduce further if possible.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Log link is below.

qhobbes

Change the Preset from Max Quality to Quality. MQ enables two pass encoding which uses additional GPU.

Hxnd

I could step down to 30fps and that would cut my GPU usage in half but would prefer to keep 60 if possible.

koala

The replay buffer function uses the recording encoder for operating. According to your log, you first used nvenc, later x264 as encoder. With nvenc, the CPU usage should be minimal, with x264 it will be quite noticeable.

I noticed in your log that you're capturing your audio devices twice. One in the global settings->Audio and in addition explicitly as audio input and output capture sources. You should use only one capture. Either remove the audio input and output capture sources and use the global sources, or vice versa. If you need to add filters such as the noise filter to a global audio source, right-click the corresponding meter in the OBS audio mixer->Filter.

Hxnd

The replay buffer function uses the recording encoder for operating. According to your log, you first used nvenc, later x264 as encoder. With nvenc, the CPU usage should be minimal, with x264 it will be quite noticeable.

I noticed in your log that you're capturing your audio devices twice. One in the global settings->Audio and in addition explicitly as audio input and output capture sources. You should use only one capture. Either remove the audio input and output capture sources and use the global sources, or vice versa. If you need to add filters such as the noise filter to a global audio source, right-click the corresponding meter in the OBS audio mixer->Filter.

Thank you for replying!
Yes I did notice the CPU usage gain with x264 and will be keeping it on nvenc.

I am unsure how I'm capturing global audio but would like to keep the input/ output sources. I checked Settings > Audio and they appear to be disabled now (the bottom one was on but the rest were off).
Capture.PNG

I also removed the filter on the mic input (snowball) in OBS as the filter is already being applied with Voicemeeter Banana. I attached the current log file below - did I disable global audio?

Hxnd

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Very curious why it needs so much GPU all of a sudden.

Hxnd

Have you solved it yet?
No not really. I think task manager is just wrong since Afterburner is reporting much smaller numbers. Games still run with negligible performance hits while the buffer is running. Most likely safe to ignore.