20 minute buffer like shadowplay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckTheIceMan

What are the chances of getting a shadowplay like recording loop with and adjustable time frame say from 5-30 minutes? I tried using original obs buffer but setting the buffer to 20 minutes causes it to crash after about 3 minutes of recording. I prefer obs studio but this feature is completely absent so I'm forced to use shadowplay but it is not very flexible. Would this be difficult to implement?

ChuckTheIceMan

Because it is a lot more convenient to have it recording constantly and then hotkey to save the last 20 minutes if something noteworthy happens in game. If I record constantly I generally have to alt+tab out of game, stop recording (I know I can hotkey to stop recording) then delete the boring clip I've been recording and start over with a new recording. This is literally the only reason I use Shadowplay at all and is its best feature.

ChuckTheIceMan

I know I don't need to alt tab to stop recording but what if I just recorded 25 minutes of garbage? I don't want dozens of these files in my recording directory so I would want them deleted immediately. That's why I asked about the replay buffer. I guess what you're saying is just keep using Shadowplay?

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
In general, it is planned for OBS-Studio to reach feature parity with the classic OBS. So a replay buffer like feature will probably be added in the future.

shukero

Has there been any word from the Dev on when replay buffer may be coming? IE end of this year, Q2 next year, etc? If this ever came out for OBS, I know that my 100 friends and I who game and record (having to use xbox / shadowplay on win 10 - **PUKE**) would come running over. I'm also trying to get ready for the AMD "Vega" Graphics card which I'll need a multi-platform program for. Xbox just isn't cuttiing it. I want to be able to record my gaming audio, mic, and discord chats on different audio channels.

I can not WAIT for this feature to be implemented :)

Status
Not open for further replies.