Question / Help 2 IP Cameras in same stream stop streaming at random times.

robl

I have defined two IP cameras and inserted/combined them into a single Youtube stream. You can see it here: http://usefulramblings.org/?page_id=10801 . My problem: After a random period of time one or the other or both streams stop. To correct I go into one of the camera's "sources" definition in OBS and toggle (uncheck/check) "Restart playback when source becomes active". This usually restarts the "stopped" stream(s). Unfortunately a stopped stream condition occurs again at a later time. OBS is installed on a Linux box.

here is my most recent log of such a failure:

Attachments

• obs_2018-05-14.txt
    39.8 KB · Views: 45

Tuna

So maybe it is the camera that drops the connection perhaps? Or media source does something wrong (perhaps it does not handle wrapping RTP timestamps correctly?). Maybe try VLC source instead of the media source. That one accepts RTSP sources as well. And report back whether it makes a difference.

EDIT:
Alternatively perhaps try forcing TCP connection for the RTSP stream by appending "?tcp" at the end of the RTSP URL.

Last edited:

robl

I tried apppending "?tcp" to the end of each camera's url. Doing this restarted streaming but the real question is "how long will it last". If this fails to work I will remove the "?tcp" from each camera's RTSP URL and try "VLC source".

robl

appeneded "?tcp" to each camera RTSP URL and again one camera stream stopped. Will try VLC source later