Question / Help 1080p 60fps video lags, no frame drops in game and nothing maxes out on my pc?

Furyun

I have a gtx 1080 and an intel i7-7700k that was able to record 1080p 60fps recordings but now even 720p 30fps gets lag spikes in the recording? The game doesnt frame drop and i moved the fps cap from 144 to 60 fps. Been at this for 3 hours plus now and google isnt helping my case? Anyone got an idea

Harold

Turn off the windows game bar, make sure no other hooking applications are running (like nvidia's in-game overlay)
Stop saving directly to mp4
Try simple output mode, indistinguishable recording quality, FLV recording format and software (x264, low cpu use, increased file size) encoder.

Furyun

can i only watch the file if i put it in premiere or is there a player to watch it?

Last edited:

Harold

VLC is a known good player.
Premiere's format support is somewhere between "Excessively picky" and "terrible."

Furyun

Thanks! Was able to turn my fps back up to 144 and no issues. Still not sure how to convert to mp4, may have to get another program for that because premiere won't take the file.

Furyun

Ok I now have another issue. I was using 3 audio tracks on advanced. One was my mic, the other was discord, and the last one was game audio. OBS now records just game audio and i dont know how to fix it. ( It shows that the audio for my mic and discord is recording but it isnt in the recorded video. )

Last edited:

Harold

If you want all your audio devices on your recording in simple output mode, assign ALL of them to track 1 in the advanced audio properties

Furyun

The issue there is that im working on a video where most of the time i dont want my audio or my friends audio and i just want game audio but i could also need my audio and my friends audio.