10-bit Video Support?

JasonVP

I asked about HDR in another Suggestion thread and didn't realize (because: dumb) that it's a 10-bit vs 8-bit video thing. I know the dev folks probably have a bzillion things they're working on; are there any plans at all to try and support 10-bit video? Right now, we can't record HDR video games with OBS. The resulting output from OBS is, as you'd expect: discolored,

I think I see two options here, but I could be wrong on them and would love correction:
1. Just pass-through and record the 10-bit video as is. I suspect this would put the least load on the system while recording. But it limits the number of applications you can use the resulting file with. IMHO: that's fine. "Use at own risk", etc.

2. In-line convert it from 10-bit to 8-bit. Action! does this, it does it well. But it also causes a hit in performance while recording; game FPS is lowered because of the load on the system. The resulting files are usable in any application because: they're 8-bit. But again: it hurts the game.

Thoughts?