0 kb/s and stream not broadcasting

theraptorqueen

Hello!

I'm having a heck of a time figuring this out. Starting a few days ago, when I try to go live to Twitch, the kb/s says 0, and at first it was broadcasting a broken stream and now it doesn't connect at all; nothing happens even though it says I'm live. Then, when I press stop, it gets stuck on "Stopping Stream..." and I have to x out.

To get everything I did out of the way: I tried everything recommended here already https://obsproject.com/wiki/Dropped-Frames-and-General-Connection-Issues short of connecting to the router (I'm on wifi; I cannot fix this currently. It's 5Hz and excellent quality and I've been streaming on it for almost 2 years without issue).

If something is blocking OBS I don't know how to find it.

So, some clues:

TwitchTest shows my connection to the severs I was using is 100 (and I tried a few others just to see)

I CAN stream to Twitch via Restream from my computer, and via the Twitch app from my phone. I can stream from YouTube Studio from my computer. If I try to stream to YouTube via OBS, the same issue occurs.

Today I noticed AMD had an update that wasn't going through and send me here: http://amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-300 I updated the drivers and software and that message went away fine but OBS is still not working. I mention this because I came across this, which is what's happening when I try to end stream: https://github.com/obsproject/obs-amd-encoder/issues/350

My log is mostly full of StreamElements errors which is also a mystery to me!

Any help is super appreciated, thank you!

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Try without any 3rd party plugins, the vertical canvas plugin is sometimes known to cause issues like this.

theraptorqueen

Try without any 3rd party plugins, the vertical canvas plugin is sometimes known to cause issues like this.
Oh my god THAT FIXED IT, thank you!!! It didn't even occur to me that it could be from that -- I tried it out a few months ago and didn't wind up actually using it. WOW.

If anyone else with the same problem happens to come across this: it was the vertical canvas plugin by Atium causing the issue.

Thank you again!!

Ivandagoat

Hi i have been having this same problem for about over a month now and i can’t figure out AT ALL how to fix this problem it’s very depressing and I literally cannot find no help at all , you said the vertical canvas plugin was the problem , how do I access that so i can get rid of it because i dont see it in any of my files and im starting to think this might not be the solution to the problem, every time i stream my kb/s instantly goes to red the only time i can actually stream is if i stream with a 200 bitrate

Lawrence_SoCal

you said the vertical canvas plugin was the problem , how do I access that so i can get rid of it because i dont see it in any of my files and im starting to think this might not be the solution to the problem,
Note the comment about it being a 'plugin'. that plugin is NOT a native part of OBS Studio, but a 3rd party add-on.
If you didn't install that plugin, then it can't be your issue.
If you did install that plugin, the plugin thread is the place to ask, not here

HavokSnowBoy

Hello, same problem, I started in safe mode, no dice, I also removed all the third party plugins completely and I still can't get the stream to run, it's been a problem for a bit but usually the closing and opening of obs would fix it, but now my kbs just tanks any time I start the stream