0.467a test 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Please let me know how this version works, need feedback good or bad here if possible

0.467a test 9 - still a little unstable, but better
http://sourceforge.net/projects/obsproj ... p/download

• test 9 - fixed some audio timing issues (I think), need someone to test this out
  • test 7 - fixed a bug where the first frame would seem to jump ahead in time
  • test 7 - testing a fix for the weird device issue some people seem to be getting where their webcams wouldn't play
  • test 7 - added an option to adjust all audio time
  • test 6 - made it so the "sub-region" selection window is transparent
  • test 6 - fixed a rather bad audio bug where sound wouldn't play at all under certain circumstances, and would cause a memory leak
  • test 5 - hm, guess that accurate frame timing thing causes more problems than it's worth. don't fix what isn't broken. took it out. also made CFR off by default because CFR seems to cause sync problems at the moment[/i]
  • test 4 - woops, fixed a bug with the sync audio to video option (which is also automatically triggered for VAC and usb headphones if timing is bad)
    [*] Adding option for constant framerate (currently on by default only for this test build so I can see how it works)
    [*] Added in a low latency fix option for ping issues in the broadcast settings (if you're having ping issues, please try it out) -- thanks to r1ch for spending time on this
    [*] Testing out elgato capture card implementation
    [*] Fixed issues with mp4 audio not importing in vegas, and made mp4s work with many more editing applications much better
    [*] Things should also work great with virtual audio cables and headphones and such as well now, and added an option to force audio time to sync with video time in advanced (similar to the sync fix, but a bit better in design)
    [*] A bunch of translations added
    [*] Other minor tweaks and bug fixes
    [*] Added a "No buffering" option in device source properties that hopefully might help with some webcams where video slowly gets behind

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Re: 0.467a test 3

1LIpYlo.png

Gonna try this when I get home :)

Joe33345

I'll be able to give the no buffering option for my webcam tomorrow morning when I cast Rock Band 3 Drums :)

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer

test 4 is now uploaded and that audio bug was fixed

Joe33345

Re: 0.467a test 5

tested it Jim and my webcam starts off in sync but after like 10-15 mins it's totally off by like 300ms and it keeps getting worse while the cast is live :(

EDIT: Here's the thing though. it doesn't go out of sync in preview but it does when it's live o.O

pike2580

The audio goes out of sync when live, after about 1 minute, microfone does not and stays in sync.
Constant frame rate seems to be working well,

Niamor

Tried test 5.

no sound after 35mins... and obs crashed.

log :

Code:
Open Broadcaster Software v0.467a (test 5) - 32bit (´・ω・`)
-------------------------------
CPU Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU         750  @ 2.67GHz
CPU Speed: 4013MHz
Physical Memory:  4095MB Total, 4095MB Free
stepping id: 5, model 14, family 6, type 0, extmodel 0, extfamily 0, HTT 1, logical cores 4, total cores 4
Windows Version: 6.1 Build 7601 S
Aero is Enabled
------------------------------------------
Adapter 1
  Video Adapter: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series
  Video Adapter Dedicated Video Memory: 1059811328
  Video Adapter Shared System Memory: 4025509888
=====Stream Start=====================================================================
  Multithreaded optimizations: On
  Base resolution: 1920x1080
  Output resolution: 1920x1080
Loading up D3D10...
Using desktop audio input: Speakers (VIA High Definition Audio)
Using auxilary audio input: Microphone (VIA High Definition Audio)
Audio Encoding: AAC
    bitrate: 128
Using graphics capture
Video Encoding: x264
    fps: 30
    width: 1920, height: 1080
    preset: veryfast
    CBR: no
    CFR: no
    max bitrate: 3000
    buffer size: 3000
    quality: 8
SharedTexCapture hooked
Using RTMP service: Twitch / Justin.tv
  Server selection: rtmp://live-fra.justin.tv/app
bufferTime: 1956, outputRateWindowTime: 1000, dropThreshold: 2456
RTMPPublisher::BufferedSend: Buffer is full (397516 / 400384 bytes), waiting to send 4097 bytes
RTMPPublisher::BufferedSend: Buffer is full (397516 / 400384 bytes), waiting to send 4097 bytes

Error: Out of memory while trying to allocate 16904192 bytes at 6C13568B

video : http://www.twitch.tv/niamor59000/b/360457606 (no audio at 35:50)

DUM0RE

pike2580 said:
The audio goes out of sync when live, after about 1 minute, microfone does not and stays in sync.
Constant frame rate seems to be working well,

Same audio desync problem, but the ping feature works extremely well :)

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer

are you guys using the CFR option when you get desync? because I didn't really change anything in terms of audio syncing

DUM0RE

Jim said:
are you guys using the CFR option when you get desync? because I didn't really change anything in terms of audio syncing

Nope, might stay synced for maybe a few seconds then continues to desync further and further.

Sh0ck

Local Recording Opening in Sony Vegas Pro 11.

Testing Recording on all 3 Settings and None Open in version 11, I am installing version 12 today to see if it fixes anything, but as of now test 5 the files still need to be converted; muxing also does not work.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin

Sh0ck, when you say "it doesn't work", are you getting an error when you try to load it? If so, which error?

If not, is it "not working" in the sense that a video/audio track is missing?

Have you tried streaming with CFR (constant frame rate) enabled in the test to see if that fixes it? (Might cause other sync issues apparently, though.)

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer

vegas actually has been confirmed to work fine with the mp4s, but I just found another bug which could be related which is causing problems for people with this test build, I'll have to update it again

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Re: 0.467a test 6

just uploaded test 6 and updated the link, fixed that rather bad bug where audio wouldn't play at all sometimes

bilehazard

Not sure if this was on any of the previous builds, but suddenly im getting this annoying straight line on the bottom of my cam, as seen in this video http://www.twitch.tv/bilehazard/b/360779590. Never had this show up before. Still seeing sync issues with mic/cam and might have to result to putting a delay on the mic from now on. No buffering for Cam doesnt seem to work either. Makes it even worse. Just some input on new build.

Jipatsu

Tested this on iRacing full screen and it seems that OBS or the game capture scene start to get some complications when I alt+tab to the desktop several times as I got around 40 FPS drop in the iRacing.

In log it says in the end that there is a memory leak detected

here is the log from the stream.
http://pastebin.com/JUJ1GSuv

Status
Not open for further replies.