0.467a test 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Please post here if you have any feedback or issues. Primarily I'm looking for people who get weird sync issues if any. There was at least one person who had it happen in test 1 and I just want to know if things are working okay with it.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/obsproj ... p/download

0.467a test 2 - stable
  • Still attempting some audio timing tests, stuff may or may not be synced in this version on some computers, ***need feedback***, especially a log file if there are any sync issues
  • Added some checkboxes to enable and disable sources, as well as a few other features (by the awesome bill hamllton)

Previously (just because I only just started this forum)
0.467a test 1
  • Attempting yet another method of ensuring audio/video sync that doesn't rely on device timestamps
  • Got rid of the "timestamp" crash because of the fix above

coopmine

i like the checkboxes for quick enabling and disabling of sources :)
no other problems so far - everything working as intended

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Do you know the specific steps to replicate the memory leak each time? I know there may be one or two minor stray memory leaks, but haven't been able to replicate them on my end very easily

Niamor

No not really, I didn't stream a lot with 0.467a test 2.
But with 0.466a when I had disconnection, memory leaks was in the log. If my stream didn't disconnect no memory leaks in the log.

The big question is to know if the memory leaks is causing disconnection or if it's the disconnection causing memory leaks.

Sorry it's not a lot of information.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
The memory leak shouldn't be causing a disconnection. It's more likely just a minor stray allocation somewhere that happened. I might have a theory for the disconnection but it's not really solid yet so I don't quite know. I'll have to upload a new test build at some point with some altered code and see if it changes anything

Tak0r

Had a pretty long Session which worked like a charm.
My Framedrops where 2 things. First I had to switch Process Priority to Above normal which reduced dropped frames about half. Second was changing Streaming Server of twitch. I checked if it was only a streaming server issue by changing value back to normal with the "better" streaming server and had framedrops again, so booth together fixed my problems.

http://de.twitch.tv/taknullr/b/357575961 <--- Recording with 0 Framedrops over the whole session!

micechal

I'm using this version for every stream I do and I'd call it stable. The indicator was green all the time and no dropped frames. I've found a simple fix to the bug with the red border disappearing after minimizing OBS: simply resize OBS window a bit and it's again there :)

bilehazard

The new tests seem to be running pretty well for me. No syncing issues, disconnects or weird dropped frames. Keep it up Jim and company. Any expectation on the next major installment?

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
It'll still be a while. There's going to be a new test version again soon though

Rykzon

So i downloaded the test build because i had ping issues, is it working as intended when i have no preview anymore?

Edit: nvm, its back now, but very small. oO

lio

Yesterday I tested the version 0.467a. there are problems of visible!

broadcast starting 5-6 seconds works fine, the picture is good and stable FPS 25, (SETTING 25 fps). but after going to brake the flow! FPS is very low, in the video you can see how every 5-6 seconds lost focus, but slowly restores(5-6 sec), and falls again!

example: http://ru.twitch.tv/lio_1979/b/359498807
in 0.466 does not. settings are the same.

Kay2daCee

This build causes some problems for me. At some point it gets crazy with huge pixels, not sure if I disconnected before, but there is a lag spike before it happens. Keep it up Jim&Co.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
kay2dacee - that's actually a known bug and hopefully I'll have it fixed in a build that I'll be posting later today

Rykzon

I have a problem with this build, im not sure but i think i got this bug with the stable too, but not sure.

Im streaming firefall and sometimes after tabbing (not 100% sure if caused by tabbing, just never got this bug when not tabbing out) out of the game, the stream goes completely black, not even showing my other sources (text,images). The preview is still showing everything correct though. I have to restart my stream 1-3 times before it works again.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Rykzon said:
I have a problem with this build, im not sure but i think i got this bug with the stable too, but not sure.

Im streaming firefall and sometimes after tabbing (not 100% sure if caused by tabbing, just never got this bug when not tabbing out) out of the game, the stream goes completely black, not even showing my other sources (text,images). The preview is still showing everything correct though. I have to restart my stream 1-3 times before it works again.
Is this with test 2? Test 5 is out now...

Status
Not open for further replies.