0.467a test 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried adding as a global source and I clicked on properties and then clicked configure but the elgato game capture configuration window doesn't pop up like yours does in the picture? It just doesn't load up when I click configure and I have no clue why. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program. Is there anything I'm missing here?

Joe33345

scratch my last post. the crackling effect happens when I have OBS 0.467a Test11 active. Only when the cast starts is when I get the crackling audio or watching the preview. messes up my Logitech G35 :(

kenshinesca said:
I tried adding as a global source and I clicked on properties and then clicked configure but the elgato game capture configuration window doesn't pop up like yours does in the picture? It just doesn't load up when I click configure and I have no clue why. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program. Is there anything I'm missing here?

As i said the preview has to be active (with the Elgato in the sources list and active) when clicking configure for that window to pop up, That's just the way it works.

Frostshocker said:
kenshinesca said:

As i said the preview has to be active (with the Elgato in the sources list and active) when clicking configure for that window to pop up, That's just the way it works.

Oh man thank you that was kind of tough. Didn't realize the preview had to be on while I was trying to configure. Again thanks for the help man. I wish it was a bit more simple I may have to make tutorial or something for this.

Does anyone know when hauppauge support will be added that is what I use in my other room.

kenshinesca said:
Oh man thank you that was kind of tough. Didn't realize the preview had to be on while I was trying to configure. Again thanks for the help man. I wish it was a bit more simple I may have to make tutorial or something for this.

Does anyone know when hauppauge support will be added that is what I use in my other room.

If you're making a Guide/Tutorial don't forget to post it in the Guides section of the forum, I'm sure there are more people who could use a little help getting everything working :)

zolia

Since i reading a lot that the 0.467a test 11 is pretty stable, and working good and saw was last test for this version, why not release it as stable and auto-update, make more tester and less fault bug report from old version.
When it's will be release as stable?

Grimio

I guess now that OBS has a lot of users it's better to use a smaller group to test huge changes which may completely break something.

g1zstar

Why was Send buffer gotten rid of? I read in one of the official guides that (technical explanations or something like that,) it doesn't actually do anything, but in 466a it actually feels like it does something. I'm able to stream any game at full 900p 60 fps without the stream lagging if I set send buffer to something high.

Grimio

Send buffer has nothing to do with the resolution or frame rate. A large send buffer can cause very spiky traffic which is really bad for pings. Getting a somewhat higher throughput through larger packets is not worth the trade-off in ping stability, and with the new low latency mode you can go more towards your maximum upload without spiking the traffic(which would cause a high ping).
The new low latency mode accomplishes kinda the same thing, but with a much better approach.

I may be wrong about a lot of stuff in here, maybe a dev can give you a better explanation.

g1zstar

I'm not saying it has anything to do with resolution or frame rate, just whatever it did a large send buffer made it way easier to stream those big streams. I have low latency mode on and it doesn't help at all.

Also with a 11k(I think that's what I had on) send buffer my ping was always fine. 15-20ms always.

g1zstar

g1zstar said:
I have low latency mode on and it doesn't help at all.

Yeah it doesn't seem to do anything at all tbh. I have a 16mbit ul/s according to testmy.net if that has anything to do with it.

Edit: So it seems that there is no performance differnce, in dota 2, between 466a and 467a11 (Send buffer vs Low Latency Mode) after a few restarts and redownloads. Gonna try out Ace Combat later on.

Grimio

AFAIK the option in 0.466a really didn't do anything and was just a leftover in the options menu, so it may be just placebo.
Please tell us more about the problem you had and post a log file.

Muf

Forum Moderator
Grimio said:
AFAIK the option in 0.466a really didn't do anything and was just a leftover in the options menu, so it may be just placebo.
The send buffer setting has been unused since 0.455a.

g1zstar

Mmm I don't know of it was a glitch or what but it was definitely not placebo, using sendbuffer went from being able to stream barely at 450p@30fps to full 900p@60fps perfectly.

sado

First off, thanks for the Elgato Game Capture HD support. I've been going through some issues with Xsplit as of late with audio passing through correctly on the device but it seems to be fine when used with OBS. The team saved me quite a lot of frustration in getting the device in the package.

However, there seems to be an issue when trying to swapping scenes that causes a crash when the scene with the Elgato is used. Going from scene to scene without the Elgato HD added to it is fine. Once you switch to a scene with it, switching back to another will cause OBS to lock up and crash. As long as I don't switch to another one after switching to the Elgato scene it's fine. I confirmed this on two PCs. Log file is attached, let me know if you need anything else from me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5y8fgt78ykyb ... 2-04_4.txt
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zxw6124un82oo ... 2-04_4.dmp

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
sado said:
First off, thanks for the Elgato Game Capture HD support. I've been going through some issues with Xsplit as of late with audio passing through correctly on the device but it seems to be fine when used with OBS. The team saved me quite a lot of frustration in getting the device in the package.

However, there seems to be an issue when trying to swapping scenes that causes a crash when the scene with the Elgato is used. Going from scene to scene without the Elgato HD added to it is fine. Once you switch to a scene with it, switching back to another will cause OBS to lock up and crash. As long as I don't switch to another one after switching to the Elgato scene it's fine. I confirmed this on two PCs. Log file is attached, let me know if you need anything else from me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5y8fgt78ykyb ... 2-04_4.txt
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zxw6124un82oo ... 2-04_4.dmp
Does it not crash if you add the Elgato as a global source?

Sounds like some sort of bug either way, but I'm curious.

sado

dodgepong said:
Does it not crash if you add the Elgato as a global source?

Sounds like some sort of bug either way, but I'm curious.

As a global source, it crashes immediately and throws up the "obs has crashed, would you like a log file?" message. As a non-global source, it hangs and I have to kill the process. Also, I found out through further testing that the same crash applies to modifying any of the Broadcast/Advanced options in the settings menu. That will also cause it to crash after using a scene with the Elgato in it.

lio

the problem with the slide show does not decided ....
Code:
Open Broadcaster Software v0.467a (test 11) - 32bit (´・ω・`)
-------------------------------
CPU Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz
CPU Speed: 2294MHz
Physical Memory:  4095MB Total, 4095MB Free
stepping id: 7, model 10, family 6, type 0, extmodel 1, extfamily 0, HTT 1, logical cores 4, total cores 2
Windows Version: 6.1 Build 7601 S
Aero is Enabled
------------------------------------------
Adapter 1
  Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M 
  Video Adapter Dedicated Video Memory: 1560739840
  Video Adapter Shared System Memory: 2684514304
=====Stream Start=====================================================================
  Multithreaded optimizations: On
  Base resolution: 1920x1080
  Output resolution: 1920x1080
Loading up D3D10...
Playback device Default
Using desktop audio input: Динамики (2- Realtek High Definition Audio)
Using auxilary audio input: Микрофон (2- Realtek High Definition Audio)
Audio Encoding: AAC
    bitrate: 96
Using Slide Show
Using Window Capture
    device: VHScrCap,
    device id (null),
    chosen type: RGB32, usingFourCC: false, res: 1x1 - 1920x1032, fps: 1-255.004, fourCC: 00000000

Using directshow input
Using Slide Show
Using bitmap image
    device: BisonCam, NB Pro,
    device id \\?\usb#vid_5986&pid_0262&mi_00#7&1a6b7e19&0&0000#{65e8773d-8f56-11d0-a3b9-00a0c9223196}\global,
    chosen type: YUY2, usingFourCC: false, res: 1280x720 - 1280x720, fps: 7.5-7.5, fourCC: 'YUY2'

Using directshow input
Using custom x264 settings: "bitrate=700 deblock=-1:-1 psy-rd=1:0.15"
using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 FastShuffle SSE4.2 AVX

profile High, level 4.0

Video Encoding: x264
    fps: 16
    width: 1920, height: 1080
    preset: veryfast
    CBR: no
    CFR: no
    max bitrate: 2000
    buffer size: 1000
    quality: 10

Error: Out of range!  List<class Texture *>::operator[](1)

Status
Not open for further replies.