0.467a test 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Making a new thread because I felt it necessary to bring it to point out some important things.. I discovered a fairly major bug with syncing/timing that was present in previous versions of the app. Surprisingly, if I hadn't have implemented CFR I would never have spotted this issue. Transmission was incorrect as well, and some data wasn't being sent out correctly.

And anyway it was time for a new thread. Old one was getting rather big

0.467a test 11 - getting more stable http://sourceforge.net/projects/obsproj ... p/download
  • test 11 - Fixed a bug where variable framerate timestamps were off due to the new fix
  • Changed the way mic timing works so that it will use mic timestamps when they are accurate to ensure the most accurate mic timing (when possible)
  • Fixed a major issue with general timing that may have been present in not just the test versions but potentially major versions before this as well (note that this may not include general webcam video timing as that may not be something I can control)
  • Fixed an issue with the stream output data
  • Fixed CFR (constant frame rate) in advanced, it should now work as intended without going out of sync

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Re: 0.467a test 10

had a bug with test 10 and variable frame rates, but fixed it in test 11. was actually just a goof on my part.

RegnaM

MP4 audio desync is fixed ! This version is so much better than 0.466

<3 low latency mode ! I can finally play CS:GO without ping spike even at high bitrate !

What did you do exactly ?

Krazy

Town drunk
RegnaM said:
MP4 audio desync is fixed ! This version is so much better than 0.466

<3 low latency mode ! I can finally play CS:GO without ping spike even at high bitrate !

What did you do exactly ?

Dark wizardry

Furkay

[0.467a Test11]Cannot capture multiple desktop sources.

Hey,

I got this really strange problem when using OBS (I'm currently on OBS 0.467a Test 11 32-bit but I had the exact same issue with previous OBS versions, also I tested it with all 64-bit versions) when trying to use multiple software capture sources. I'm working with a multi-monitor setup (3 screens). Whenever I capture the screen of, let's say, monitor 1 I cannot add now software capture sources from the same monitor (every source I add afterwards just appears completely transparent). Also it doesn't matter if I capture the whole screen or just a sub-region, it won't work as long as I try to capture from the same screen. When I add a new software capture source from a different monitor though, it works perfectly fine.
That's a pretty big issue for me and right now the only reason for me not to use OBS, as I need to capture multiple sources from the same screen.

I also added my most recent log via pastebin. --> http://pastebin.com/z4dFZREi

I really hope there's a solution for this. OBS is an awesome software, but this issue just makes it unusable for me.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
General bugs that happen with all versions should be posted in the bugs forum, though I don't particularly mind.

If you're using multiple monitor captures on windows 8, that's unfortunately a bit problematic due to the way windows 8 monitor capture works. I would probably advise using window capture instead if that's at all possible.

Furkay

Thanks for the reply! My post was actually moved here from the bugs forum to this board by a moderator.

I tried using window capture, and it seems to work for now, though it makes my stream setup a bit more complicated.
Thanks a lot for your support, though :)

Couldn't get Game Capture to work with Elgato game capture. Just shows a black screen on the preview window? I can get it to work with Software capture but there is some serious screen tearing with that.

Joe33345

Whatever you did in this build... it fixed my camera! finally! :D! Now we need video files support and I'm with this 100% lol.

kenshinesca said:
Couldn't get Game Capture to work with Elgato game capture. Just shows a black screen on the preview window? I can get it to work with Software capture but there is some serious screen tearing with that.

Don't use it as "Game Capture" use it as a "Video Capture Device" in the 32bit Build (Elgato Drivers are only compatible with the 32bit build) that should work correctly.

Edit: Also don't forget to get the latest drivers: http://services.eyetv.com/l/dl_egc_win

Frostshocker said:
kenshinesca said:

Don't use it as "Game Capture" use it as a "Video Capture Device" in the 32bit Build (Elgato Drivers are only compatible with the 32bit build) that should work correctly.

Edit: Also don't forget to get the latest drivers: http://services.eyetv.com/l/dl_egc_win

I tried adding it as a video capture device and it just says one moment please when I preview it then it says no signal? I've tried it without the elgato software running and with it running and still the same result.

Blackhive

I've been following the test builds since the low latency fix was added, up until now Ive been using the early build with just the low latency on it and nothing else. I just updated to 0.467a test 11, was wondering if the "use CFR" option would be beneficial while streaming to say twitch/justin/own3d etc or if its more so for exporting to file

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
CFR is more for saving to file, decoder compatibility mostly. but you can obviously stream with it as well.

Joe33345

Bug: My AverMedia Game Broadcaster HD has some crackling when the sound gets loud on 0.467a test 11. It's hard to notice unless there's a pretty loud sound constantly. Music is an easy way to reproduce this on the Xbox 360. Doesn't occur on 0.466a.

I have no idea what people hear in stream since I haven't been able to test but the crackle is occuring when I'm on Preview on OBS and I have my Capture Device's sound set to play to my desktop on OBS.

kenshinesca said:
Frostshocker said:
kenshinesca said:

I tried adding it as a video capture device and it just says one moment please when I preview it then it says no signal? I've tried it without the elgato software running and with it running and still the same result.

While you have the device loaded in OBS and have the preview running can you right click the device under sources and click properties then click configure (see screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/8pFpfrQ.jpg)

Make sure you have the correct input selected (HDMI/Component/Composite) and then click done, After that restart OBS and try the preview again, it should (I hope) give you a signal

I should also point out the capture software for the Elgato Game Capture HD should not be running when using the device in OBS or any other capture software.
A few other things: It's always best to have the Elgato device be a global source, 720p or lower works but the 1080p profile is strange and doesn't want to work for me, The drivers provided by Elgato limit the device to 30 fps currently although they say they are going to change this soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.