1. 64-bit
Source Code URL
https://github.com/glikely/obs-ptz
Minimum OBS Studio Version
Supported Platforms
  1. Windows
  2. Mac OS X
  3. Linux
This plugin adds a PTZ camera control panel to OBS that can control multiple cameras, and can automatically change selected camera based on the currently active preview or program scene.

The plugin supports the VISCA serial, VISCA-over-IP, and Pelco protocols, with plans to add support for other camera control protocols in the future. It has been tested on Windows and Linux. MacOS should also work but is untested.

ptz-controls-screenshot.png

ptz-settings-screenshot.png

Jimcom USA was nice enough to post a video review:
Author
glikely
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.52 star(s) 21 ratings

More resources from glikely

Latest updates

1. OBS PTZ Controls v0.15.4

This is a bug fix release. It fixes a crash caused by some joysticks, and makes the power...
  2. OBS PTZ Controls v0.15.2

This is a minor release that tweaks the joystick control behaviour. For joysticks that don't...
  3. OBS PTZ Controls v0.15.1

This is a small release with only one change, but I think a lot of you will be excited about it...

Latest reviews

I must be missing something because this plugin does not work properly. I have 10 scenes. Each scene has my PTZ camera in it as a source, and each scene needs to go to a specific preset. My presets I make within PTZ Controller don't save. After changing scenes, my presets get merged together so sometimes Preset 1 and Preset 2 become the same preset instead of different presets like I saved them. Someone help please? This is mission critical for my work.
Great plugin! I love that you can link a camera to a source in OBS. One thing I would like is the ability to bind other inputs to zoom, etc. Currently, I have a high-end Apem controller that is night and day compared to a basic Xbox controller. Unfortunately, I cannot use it since the zoom on this controller is set up for the Z-axis rather than the 'right thumbstick.' Is there any way this could be tweaked to work differently? please reach out if I can provide any more info that could help in the process!
I can’t think of any other way I can manage our setup with 4 ptz cameras without this plugin. Only reason for less than a five rating is because currently VISCA serial is not working with two HuddleCam HD connected via usb in OBS 29 and above. Had to downgrade to OBS 28.1.1 because this plugin is important for me.
Just excellent. Rely on it all the time.

One question. Is there a way to rename the devices so I can tell which one is which (we have four that I'm controllinng through it !)
Nao sei o que esta acontecendo mas nao consigo configurar a camera, sempre que tento ela esta fechando meu OBS na parte de aplicar as configurações, podem me ajudar ?
This is a great plugin which works exactly as expected. Thank you!
I love this plug-in! Works great with one of my IP cameras. I have another PTZ camera (Roc20 by Rocware) that connects only with USB. The camera responds if I go to the source, properties, configure video, camera control within OBS.. I have not been successful configuring it with this plugin so wondering if it is even possible?
glikely
glikely
Thanks for the review. I'm glad it's working for you.

Most USB cameras use the UVC protocol for PTZ control. The plugin doesn't support UVC yet, but it is something I want to add.
Thanks so much for this resource. It's really sensational.

I need a feature to slow down "PAN/TILT" for right side and left side of PTZ NEIOD camera (VISCA)
glikely
glikely
Thanks for the review.
If you go into the settings dialog, you should find a "Pan/Tilt Maximum Speed" slider which will limit how fast the camera moves.
***The speed slider has been removed entirely and the speed of movements starts small, and ramps up the longer the button is held down. This behaviour appears to be more user-friendly, but I would like to have feedback on how it is working.***
Review: The intention was good. However, I liked the previous speed control better. It seems more practical to me. Perhaps it would be interesting to leave both options available, to be chosen in the settings.

***The other big change is in how a PTZ device is associated with an OBS source. ***
Review: This is great! Excelent idea.
glikely
glikely
Thanks for the review.

The speed slider has been added back in another form. In the settings dialog there is a per-camera setting on the maximum Pan/Tilt, Zoom and Focus speeds. You can use that to limit the maximum speed that a camera will move. I'm still working on improving the UI, but I hope that will be a functional first step.
Everything fine now. Thanks for sharing. Great Plugin
glikely
glikely
Thanks for the review. Glad it is working for you.