Resource icon

obs-ndi - NewTek NDI™ integration into OBS Studio 4.13.0

I was able to use this plugin to send live video from a program directly to OBS. It was a lot easier than trying to capture another window.
Very functional and very easy to set up. The perfect way to send an OBS output or source between local network devices.
This plugin has solved such a major headache for me and allowed me to get my Twitch.TV stream back up and running. With NewTek NDI, and this plugin, now I can output my 15Mbps stream to restream.io while simultaneously sending my output stream at full quality (~200Mbps) to my other broadcasting OBS machine as an NDI Input, from there I send to Twitch at 6Mbps. Before my stream was being blocked as the bitrate was too high and I didn't want to pay for Transcode time on Restream,IO anymore; this enables me to perform my own "transcoding" with NO extra cost. Setup is super simple and I was ready and streaming on both boxes within minutes. The CPU overhead is minimal on my main box, like 4% extra, so it doesn't effect my gameplay or other material really much at all (i7 960 @ 4.2Ghz). Even with the much extra IP traffic, there's no encoding to network lag on either OBS session on either machine, so no dropped frames due to render lag or network lag! Simply amazing! I do wish that there was finer controls for the encoding in terms of bitrate, but at this point... I'll take it! Great job!
It can't be more easy! I was trying like setting rmtp server for the same job. That's ugly, slow, sluggish, heavily delayed. This NDI plugin solves everything.
Marvellous !