Resource icon

Include/Exclude audio sources using PulseAudio(Linux)

hi, made an account just to rate this 10 year old guide, still works !!! only thing is that when i did the "pactl load-module module-combine-sink slaves=<number>,<name>" it would always give me "Failure: Input/Output error" so i did "pactl list short sinks" again and with the null-sink showing up as "null-sink" (wow) i put that instead of the number and it just worked so cool!

hihi again edit ive noticed that upon reboot it doesnt stay so after like an hour and a half i have a solution !!!!!!! from (https://askubuntu.com/questions/1379376/how-to-achieve-automated-simultaneous-outputs-with-pipewire)
pretty much, going to /usr/share/pipewire (it syas to copy but it didnt work for me so i just edited the file itself) and replacing the context.exec with
context.exec = [
{ path = "pactl" args = "load-module module-null-sink sink_name=swaggy" }
{ path = "pactl" args = "load-module module-combine-sink slaves=swaggy,<NAME CHANGE THIS TO UR OUTPUT !!!!>" }
{ path = "pactl" args = "set-default-sink combined" }
]
will create a null sink on boot and combine it with whatever output you change it to and i think save audio changes from pavucontrol idk though it ojnly played my spotify to my usb output and not combined so idk !!
hopefully this helped newer peopleif yuo have problems dont contact me i probably dont know how so solve them !!!
Gave clear instructions on how to do EXACTLY what I needed to do to not have an echo of my voice on stream and STILL be able to monitor my mic output!
This works perfectly with the addition that Radon mentioned in the discussion.