Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.26.2

Warmuptill

This works better. The minimize and maximize actions now work.
However "focus window" only brings up the taskbar (it's set to hide automatically for me) with OBS icon blinking in red. The actual OBS window does not come to the foreground.
Thanks for giving it a try!

Hm ... that is really strange.
In what "state" is the OBS window when you are trying to focus it?
I still have trouble replicating the issue on my end.

matthewharper

Hi There looking for some help. Trying to install Automatic Scene Switcher 1.26.0. Im on an Intel Mac running OXS Catalina 10.17.7, running the most up to date OBS that machine can run 29.0.2. Downloaded the Automatic Scene Switcher PKG for Mac and tried instal but I get the following error "DISTRIBUTION_TITLE can't be installed on this computer. Any suggestions? Be most grateful if someone has a solution.

Warmuptill

Hi There looking for some help. Trying to install Automatic Scene Switcher 1.26.0. Im on an Intel Mac running OXS Catalina 10.17.7, running the most up to date OBS that machine can run 29.0.2. Downloaded the Automatic Scene Switcher PKG for Mac and tried instal but I get the following error "DISTRIBUTION_TITLE can't be installed on this computer. Any suggestions? Be most grateful if someone has a solution.
Unfortunately the minimum required OBS version for this plugin to work is OBS 30. (At least for MacOS)
You can try to install older versions, but they might of course contain some bugs / issues, which were already fixed on more recent releases.

I think this one might be compatible with OBS 29 still:

Last edited:

ukie

Unfortunately the minimum required OBS version for this plugin to work is OBS 30. (At least for MacOS)
You can try to install older versions, but they might of course contain some bugs / issues, which were already fixed on more recent releases.

All I do is place a Chrome window or the File Explorer in front of the OBS window. I wonder if there is some Windows 11 setting that can be changed.

ukie

All I do is place a Chrome window or the File Explorer in front of the OBS window. I wonder if there is some Windows 11 setting that can be changed.
If it matters, I am using the Surface Pro 9. I don't know if this has something to do with having a touch screen.

matthewharper

Thankyou... yes it installed... stop gap until I upgrade... thanks again

AaronD

I don't know if this has something to do with having a touch screen.
I doubt it.

On all of the computers that I've had, the touch part (if it had one) was simply another user input device. Nothing more. Like a mouse or trackpad. Logically separate from the screen even though it's physically on top of the screen. I've even written some touch apps that actually use mouse events. (touch = click, drag = click-and-drag, etc.) The app itself didn't actually know about touch at all, despite that being my intended way to use it.

And true to that form, it makes no difference across several of my rigs, whether it has a touch screen or not. If it does, it effectively emulates a mouse, nothing more.

I dropped off of Windows though, about a year ago, when Win10 refused to update on my still-capable machine. So if they changed something since then and made another mess of themselves, that's entirely possible. Never had a problem on Linux, whether that's Ubuntu Studio with the factory touchscreen on a laptop, or the same system on two different desktops without touch at all, or some Raspberry Pi's with or without USB touchscreens, or whatever.

belatar

hi! im running obs 30.1.2 64bit on windows. i had a running installation of ass (teehee) with version 1.24. i just used the windows 64bit installer to upgrade to 1.26. update went through without errors. but after opening obs afterwards, ass is just gone. the dock is gone and it doesnt show under tools.
i checked in the plugins folder and the files are there, dating from just now. i tried starting obs as admin, same result.
help please?

belatar

hi! im running obs 30.1.2 64bit on windows. i had a running installation of ass (teehee) with version 1.24. i just used the windows 64bit installer to upgrade to 1.26. update went through without errors. but after opening obs afterwards, ass is just gone. the dock is gone and it doesnt show under tools.
i checked in the plugins folder and the files are there, dating from just now. i tried starting obs as admin, same result.
help please?
seems somethings wrong with the dll? here the log entry:
00:00:25.159: ---------------------------------
00:00:25.183: Skipping module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/advanced-scene-switcher-lib.dll', not an OBS plugin
00:00:25.966: LoadLibrary failed for '../../obs-plugins/64bit/advanced-scene-switcher.dll': A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.
00:00:25.966: (1114)
00:00:25.966: Module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/advanced-scene-switcher.dll' not loaded

belatar

help please?
seems somethings wrong with the dll? here the log entry:
00:00:25.159: ---------------------------------
00:00:25.183: Skipping module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/advanced-scene-switcher-lib.dll', not an OBS plugin
00:00:25.966: LoadLibrary failed for '../../obs-plugins/64bit/advanced-scene-switcher.dll': A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.
00:00:25.966: (1114)
00:00:25.966: Module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/advanced-scene-switcher.dll' not loaded
im stumped. i tried uninstalling, cleaning up old folders under "data" manually, reinstalling -> plugin doesnt show and the above error message appears.
uninstalled everythign and tried manual install... same result.k

belatar

im stumped. i tried uninstalling, cleaning up old folders under "data" manually, reinstalling -> plugin doesnt show and the above error message appears.
uninstalled everythign and tried manual install... same result.k
alright, i opened an issue on github as it works with the previous version and seems to be a 1.26.0 specific bug:

Warmuptill

help please?
I am not sure why it is suddenly necessary, but to resolve the problem you will have to install the most recent version of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable.

Sorry about that!

Just to mention it in case you need to restore your settings.
The plugin automatically backs up the settings of the last scene collection when the plugin was still active.

belatar

alright, i opened an issue on github as it works with the previous version and seems to be a 1.26.0 specific bug:

ok, the resolution is to install the latest version of the microsoft visual c++ redistributable (thanks to @Warmuptill for responding so quickly!). just google it and youll find the microsoft installer.

Rozenman

Hi all!
Question to the respected plugin developer.
There is a small problem: in my lecture schedule, the main condition is the date. It launches a cascade of actions (the background image, slideshow is loaded, the streamkey is loaded, the number of the study group, the name of the lecture, etc.). Everything works perfectly. But sometimes, when you start it for the first time on a given date, the OBS program crashes. This is not a problem - just re-run the program and it works fine. But psychologically it’s still uneasy. If you don't mind, then when this happens, I will send a report.
Thank you!

Rozenman

UPD: It is important to emphasize that the program crashes only when it is first (!) launched on a given date - then the program can be closed and restarted ad infinitum.

Warmuptill

Hi all!
Question to the respected plugin developer.
There is a small problem: in my lecture schedule, the main condition is the date. It launches a cascade of actions (the background image, slideshow is loaded, the streamkey is loaded, the number of the study group, the name of the lecture, etc.). Everything works perfectly. But sometimes, when you start it for the first time on a given date, the OBS program crashes. This is not a problem - just re-run the program and it works fine. But psychologically it’s still uneasy. If you don't mind, then when this happens, I will send a report.
Thank you!
Please do share a crash log - I don't mind it at all! :)

Warmuptill

Using the "Window>focus window" action does not trigger a change of windows (on Windows 11 at least).
For example, if trying to trigger to focus the OBS window, the program will be highlighted in the taskbar, but the window does not come into focus.
I am using a two-monitor setup, with the secondary display used for OBS Multiview.
Any suggestions? Could this be a Windows 11 setting?
I think I was now able to understand what causes this.

One of the following conditions has to be met for OBS (and thus the advanced scene switcher plugin) to change the foreground window using the Windows API call SetForegroundWindow:
  • The calling process is the foreground process.
  • The calling process was started by the foreground process.
  • There is currently no foreground window, and thus no foreground process.
  • The calling process received the last input event.
  • Either the foreground process or the calling process is being debugged.
So this is an intentional limitation set by Microsoft and there is not much that can be done about it.
I will make sure to add a note about this limitation to the "Window" action type.

ukie

I think I was now able to understand what causes this.

One of the following conditions has to be met for OBS (and thus the advanced scene switcher plugin) to change the foreground window using the Windows API call SetForegroundWindow:
  • The calling process is the foreground process.
  • The calling process was started by the foreground process.
  • There is currently no foreground window, and thus no foreground process.
  • The calling process received the last input event.
  • Either the foreground process or the calling process is being debugged.
So this is an intentional limitation set by Microsoft and there is not much that can be done about it.
I will make sure to add a note about this limitation to the "Window" action type.
Thank you for looking into this. Looks like I am under "There is currently no foreground window, and thus no foreground process."
I wonder if there is any way to overcome this by running a shell command?