Unable to open OBS!

LordTazzington

Every time I try to open OBS it just crashes my entire PC repeatedly. It crashes, black screens, comes back and then crashes again within a second or 2.

I've uninstalled, re-installed, on the latest version, ran as Admin and not Admin, my Windows is up to date all 'optional updates' are done. I have 0 driver updates... Help?

PC running Windows 11 Pro

LordTazzington

Thanks for the info, however, as I stated in my post my PC freezes within a second or 2 after coming out of freezing and the only to stop it doing this is to slowly move the mouse to close OBS and the dump file...

"You should only create a dump file if OBS has crashed and the "Woops, OBS has crashed!" dialog is open, or if OBS is completely frozen and / or the "obs64.exe has stopped working" dialog appears. Dump files aren't useful if they aren't taken at the exact time of the problem. Don't "End Process" or click "Close program" or otherwise dismiss any error dialogs until you've made the dump."

I do not get these messages, I get a frozen PC followed by black screen followed by freeze followed by black screen, I sat and waited 45 minutes one day while it cycled these things. I have on occasion managed to open TM and attempt to create a dump file but the option is always greyed out and unclickable

koala

If your whole computer crashes/freezes and you need a forced reboot, this is a sign of hardware failure. It also may be it's a driver issue with the graphics card driver.
So make sure you have the most current GPU driver installed (to make sure, download the newest driver from the GPU vendor, uninstall the old driver and install the downloaded driver).
If this isn't helping, you need to fix your hardware. It may crash because of unstable overclock, overheating, defective memory, insufficient power supply, defective hardware.