Source Switcher

Source Switcher 0.4.2

Torment

@Exeldro Hi mate
like this plug in alot but is there a way to make it stop rezising the out put frame
i know it needs to resize the video content but i would love if ti could just rescale the video with in the the frame
maybe im just missin some thing ??

danikaze

Great idea of plugin, I'd like to use this one to replace the Advanced Scene Switcher that I was using until now...
But I have two requests for features if possible :)
- to have a hotkey to start/stop/toggle the timer when using the Time Switch option
- to be able to configure the duration of each source independently (i.e. Source1 15s, Source2: 30s)

Thanks!

Jerrid80

I left a comment earlier while I was having issues. Those issues have been ironed out, and I am having the BEST time with this plugin. I play drums on Twitch, and this plugin allows me to simulate a concert video live. I have yet to use it while recording, but I assume the experience will be just as easy and cut down on editing. When OBS approaches you for full integration, make sure you get what your plugin is worth.

Having said that, the one suggestion I have is making adding sources easier. Perhaps a dropdown of existing sources?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-09 at 10.38.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-09 at 10.38.57 AM.png
    46.1 KB · Views: 74

cabadie.tech

Hi.
Thank you for this great plugin.
I have two little issues using the hotkeys.
Let me explain : I use the plugin to switch source in scenes by using a streamdeck and the bitfocus companion software through websocket. For that I need to use the hotkey ID. It is working great for the fisrt source switcher source that I create. The hotkeys ID are for ex. INPUT1 and INPUT2
The problem is that if I create another source switcher source containing the same INPUT1 and INPUT2 sources there is no difference between the two hotkeys ID so I can't remotly switch between these sources. It works perfectly with shortcuts on the keyboard though so this is only a hotkey id issue. They should be called someting like source_switcher1.input1
I'm absolutly not a develloper so I don't want to pretend giving advices, but maybe looking at the code of the Lower Thirds plugin might help because I manage to make it perfectly work with this plugin.

Second little Issue : When I put more than 6 sources in the source switcher, le 5th one do not show up in the hotkeys.

Thanks in advance.

PS : Do not hesitate to ask me anything you need so I can help you with this.

falti

Here is another use case and a subsequent wish:
I have a scene with 12 customer logos that I use as a nested scene in all others.
When I start working with another customer I'd have to edit the nested scene with all the logos, make the last one invisble and pick another.

It'd be great to have one hotkey to just zap through them all until the right one is visible.

rafikwahba

Works great for fixed-time switching.

Is there a way (or feature that can be added) to give each source its own timing? Right now, the "Time Switch" variable applies to all sources equally. This can cause undesirable issues for timed sources, e.g., a ticker or a lower third.

Screenshot 2021-07-06 082610.jpg

GeeMack

I have a scene with 12 customer logos that I use as a nested scene in all others.
When I start working with another customer I'd have to edit the nested scene with all the logos, make the last one invisble and pick another.

It'd be great to have one hotkey to just zap through them all until the right one is visible.

You can create an "Image Slideshow" source, add all your logo art to the slideshow, and set a hot-key to advance through the slides.

rhavoc

I'm currently testing this plugin from a fresh scene collection, basically recreating the existing scenes. OBS version 27.0.1, running on Windows 10. OBS base & output resolution is 1280x720, 30fps. This is a long one as I'm trying to understand what happens in several scenarios. :D

Scene 1:
- image source (image 01)

Scene 2:
- source switcher 1 (switcher 1) > visible
- media source 1 (source 1) @ 1280x720 > hidden
- media source 2 (source 2) @ 1920x1080 > hidden
- media source 3 (source 3) @ 1920x1080 > hidden
- media source 4 (source 4) @ 1280x720 > hidden

Source Switcher 1:
- source 1
- source 2
- source 3
- source 4
- not looped

Media state switch:
- media state: ended
- switch to: next
- transition: fade, 350ms, resize during transition
- transition scale type: aspect (always scale, keep aspect ratio)
- alignment: center

ROUND 1 Test

As by now I'm in Scene 2, I switch to Scene 1 first before switching back to Scene 2. Observations after switching to Scene 2:
- source 1 plays: OK
- source 2 plays, but does not scale
- source 3 plays, but does not scale
- source 4 plays : OK

* Switches to Scene 1
* Switches to Scene 2
- sources 1-3 skipped
- source 4 plays

ROUND 2 Test (after restarting OBS)

* OBS starts in Scene 2 and only source 4 plays...
* Switches to Scene 1

ROUND 3 Test ((after restarting OBS))

* OBS starts in Scene 1
* Switches to Scene 2
- source 1 plays: OK
- source 2 plays, does not scale
- source 3 plays, does not scale
- source 4 plays: OK

* Changes transition scale type to STRETCH
* Changes to Scene 1

ROUND 4 Test (after OBS restart)

* OBS starts in Scene 1
* Switches to Scene 2
- only source 4 plays

* Clicks on Scene 2 and hits the Transition button
- nothing happens

If I switch to Scene 1 then Switch again to Scene 2, again, only source 4 plays.

From what I experienced from this test, it would seem that unless OBS (automatically) starts with Scene 2, the states of sources 1-3 are stuck in the "Ended" state. That being the case, is there a way to "reset" sources 1-3 to a state that isn't "Ended"?

Thanks for your help.

Freedoms Corner

Is there a way to make the source switcher 1 set size. So the sources can be set to fit to height or width. It would save a ton of guess work. Also great stuff for my weather stream

tankman

Hi there,

Great plug-in. I use it heavily in my 24/7 live streams. my OBS seems to be crashing a lot lately since I've started really using the source switcher more and more. Is this plug-in known for being unstable the longer the stream runs for?

thanks.

EDIT : I did some more testing, and it appears it isnt the Source Switcher, but rather the Pixelation Shader transition effect I am using that freezes up OBS while the transition is active!

Has anyone noticed OBS freezing briefly, or hesitating when running one or more Source Switchers?

I have a fresh install of Windows 10 on a new SSD (WD Blue NVMe) with a new scene collection. I noticed looking back at OBS while streaming yesterday that the audio meters were frozen in place, then back to normal. Then when I was moving the window around, the whole window stopped moving. It didnt go gray and unresponsive, it just wouldn't move or accept input for a brief 2 seconds

I thought "this is happening to frequently and... on an interval almost?! ... let me check the current log"

Upon opening the log, I saw a TON of Source Switcher entries in the log, and whenever the hesitation/freezing happened, a new line regarding the Switchers was appended to the log

I disabled the automatic switching in each Source Switcher and the freezing/hesitation went away.

Is Source Switcher doing something that takes all control of the OBS window away in order to do its transitions, even if for those short couple of seconds?

Last edited:
EDIT : I did some more testing, and it appears it isnt the Source Switcher, but rather the Pixelation Shader transition effect I am using that freezes up OBS while the transition is active!

EDIT EDIT : it appears to be any transition that OBS does other than CUT. Using the built in fade between normal scenes, the whole app just freezes in place while the transition happens. So even if Fade was used with the Source Switcher, it will freeze OBS with each cycle to the next source

tankman

Hi Exeldro

attached is the log file. I don't have any crash files because obs doesn't "crash" it just stops transmitting video and the video freezes. kb transmitted shows 0 although the audio is still showing that it is working and the live time keeps counting up.

At this point I have to force close obs because it becomes unresponsive to clicks.

I've upgraded to the latest video card firmware and I tried two sperate version of obs as part of my troubleshooting.

Attachments

• 2021-08-17 01-25-52.txt
    334.1 KB · Views: 31

Wattabing

I use OBS source switcher and changing from window grabs of some chrome websites, charts etc from stock sites, and it freezes my OBS after certaion amount of time, every time. I turned it off and i dont have any isues with obs, but when using this plugin my obs ends up getting frozen where i have to force quit it using ctrl alt del. Any ideas whats causing this issue? Anyone else having this issue? Thanks, love the plugin, just wish it didnt have to make me restart OBS every hour or so when streaming. Thanks!!