Source Switcher

Source Switcher 0.4.2

Daniel Stephen

Sorry, just saw request #2 is required, please disregard that request.
*Meant to say that request #2 is already implemented. Not sure how "required" got in there.

The other two suggestions, plus the potential bug notice applies. Please see the updated post below.

1. Could you add a widget for keeping certain parameters for elements within the source switcher at our fingertips? Something akin to the new widget found in the Advanced Scene Switcher. Specifically, we are looking for the ability to pause the automatic source switching effect, as well as the ability to switch between different sources on the fly. A sample use case would be for dealing with a complex multi-camera scene, in which we have the source switcher automatically rotating between two or three different camera angles. Basically, whenever the situation calls for it, we want to be able to pause the source switching effect on whatever camera angle it happens to be on, and also be able to switch to another angle (with transitions) immediately as needed. This will help a lot with setting up our advanced rotating title set overlay, which will also be utilizing your source switcher to power the visuals.
2. Variables would be nice. For instance, if we have three cameras listed, it would be good if we can choose to set how long each camera is displayed individually, as opposed to a one-size-fits-all set duration for switching between all three cameras.

Potential bug:

When using the Render Delay filter to synchronize our video to the incoming audio, the source switcher works perfectly, in that only the sources get delayed, not the switching effect. This is exactly how we want it to behave (for our purposes, anyway). However, when this filter is enabled, it causes a black screen to occur for about a second as the source switcher switches from one item to another. If you could fix this bug without impacting the current functionality of the Source Switcher in relation to it's behavior with the Render Delay filter, that would be great.

Thank you very much once again, for another great plugin!

Dick Dawson

Is there any way to eliminate the alignment section? I have my sources all zoomed in and set exactly how I want them (I do a news headlines gag on a talk show intro). All I need is the next source button here. cut transition is fine and as these are all set in a scene, that is embedded into a scene, I have the layouts set perfectly. I just need to turn off alignment so it will just show them how I have them set.

Then this plugin will get its donation for sure. Your move transition was/is well worth its donation.

baz_e

Worked through a fresh install and was sad to find that this is the plugin currently causing me headaches with crashes on close since updating to 28. Thanks for your work on this one, love how great all your plugins are!
Thread 24FC: tiny_tubular_task_thread (Crashed)

Attachments

• Crash 2022-11-06 04-35-14.txt
    80.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 2022-11-06 04-38-18.txt
    76.1 KB · Views: 26

Vubar

Worked through a fresh install and was sad to find that this is the plugin currently causing me headaches with crashes on close since updating to 28. Thanks for your work on this one, love how great all your plugins are!
Thread 24FC: tiny_tubular_task_thread (Crashed)
Are you saying that the source-switcher is causing OBS to crash in V28?

forwarduk

as per usual, everything Exeldro touches is pure gold, and so useful. I am having a small problem getting the show/hide transitions to work with the source switcher, running OBS v.29.0 they don't seem to work sadly. I'm sure it's me, but any advice would be great appreciated. thank you in advance. and keep up the great work Exeldro!

gatheringacres

I'm getting a "black screen" between the last source and the first source when looping on a 5000ms delay. Is there a way to get rid of that?

BobRossLives

Is there a future update that might include a "Time Switch" that is random within a user-defined range? I'd like to switch between a few scenes with a little irregularity.

Thanks for all of your work!

iSimple

Hello, Thank you Exceldro for this fabulous plugin. I need your help please. I have an Ubuntu 20.04 server. I have successfully updated it to version 22.04. I have OBS version 29.0.2 installed and I need to install the 'Source Switcher' plugin for OBS. However, I couldn't find the .deb package, so I downloaded the .zip version. I extracted the subfolders and placed them in /usr/share/obs/ but it didn't work. Then, I tried placing them in /usr/share/obs/obs-plugins/ but it still didn't work. Thank you for your help.

Bassman

Hello,

Thank you for the plugin. I would like to ask for some support as I am not getting the results I expected.

1) I would like to use this plugin to play a bank of 2-3 commercials maybe two or three times during a broadcast. I have the video files in a scene listed in one Source Switcher instance. When I trigger the scene the very first time is plays through the files as expected, in order. Anytime I return to the scene it is only playing the last file. I can not get the first file to play.

I have the latest version installed on OBS 29.1, Windows 10. I have seen this type of question/issue posted two other times on this thread. Is this plugin not designed to work for this use?

2) What is the best way to handle assets for the switcher? I notice that one needs a source file to already be listed in OBS to be added to the Scene Switcher. Should these sources be in a certain place?

I notice that I had a video file in two separate scenes, one being the Scene Switcher. If I start playing that video file and then switch to the Scene Switcher, the video file does not stop and is in the exact same place. Makes me wonder if where the other location is affects the behavior of the Scene Switcher?

Thanks!

Bassman

After some experimenting, the answer to question #1 is to set Loop to "on" inside the Scene Switcher. This results in the correct order of the videos to be played from the start.

As a side note, is there a way to accomplish the same behavior without using loop? It is dangerous to have a loop set for commercials during a broadcast as you have to be there to catch the end exactly they start again... Thanks!

warplotus

no matter what I do, it does nothing but crash my obs. I believe I tried it all. great concept if I could get it to work.

Exeldro

@warpllotus What did you try? When does it crash? What version of OBS and the plugin? Can you provide the log file? Any other information that might help determine why it's crashing for you and not for other users?