Resource icon

obs-midi-mg 3.0.3

nhielost

nhielost updated obs-midi-mg with a new update entry:

obs-midi-mg v3.0.0 Beta 3

obs-midi-mg v3.0.0 Beta 3 is now available.​

Here are some minor tweaks to the 3.0.0 betas. Please review the old changes as well as these changes, and as always leave any questions, suggestions, or issues you may have in the OBS forum.

Additions:​

• MIDI backend updated to support pipewire

Tweaks:​

• Actions will now occur slightly faster
  • The title bar will now include the current Binding Collection (or...

Read the rest of this update entry...

lcalder

The MacOS arm version still crashes instantly upon OBS launch, whether with my previous obs-midi-mg-config.json file present in the plugin_config/obs-midi-mg/ or with it removed in the new Beta3 version, just as did the Beta2 and Beta1 versions. Going back to previous version. I've attached the crash log if that helps. Thanks for you work on this really wonderful plugin.

Attachments

• crash obs-midi-mg v3 beta3.txt
    120.1 KB · Views: 10

TRickeyG

Hello! Firstly I just want to say excellent work on this plugin!

Secondly I'd like to ask if there's any possibility of adding custom keyboard hotkeys as another option to the predifined hotkeys action

I might be alone on this one but I'd love a way to communicate with other software outside of OBS and custom keyboard hotkeys is primitive but a solution at least for my case.

Edit: replaced the word "macros" with "hotkeys" to avoid confusion.

Last edited:

tomwho

Hi, I upgraded to 3.0.0 beta and imported all the bindings from the previous version, but, none of them work now. I'm using this plugin to change scenes in OBS using my Rodecaster Pro II. Here's an example of one of the bindings that changes a scene below. Is there anything I need to change to make it work again? I don't understand all the different settings added. Thanks!

Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 11.55.09 AM.png

tomwho

Hi, I upgraded to 3.0.0 beta and imported all the bindings from the previous version, but, none of them work now. I'm using this plugin to change scenes in OBS using my Rodecaster Pro II. Here's an example of one of the bindings that changes a scene below. Is there anything I need to change to make it work again? I don't understand all the different settings added. Thanks!
I figured it out, I didn't turn on these settings to enable the MIDI stuff:

Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 12.19.47 PM.png

Once I turned that on, all the bindings started working for changing scenes.

seabass9

The MacOS arm version still crashes instantly upon OBS launch, whether with my previous obs-midi-mg-config.json file present in the plugin_config/obs-midi-mg/ or with it removed in the new Beta3 version, just as did the Beta2 and Beta1 versions. Going back to previous version. I've attached the crash log if that helps. Thanks for you work on this really wonderful plugin.
It's also crashing on my M1 Pro MBP, Sonoma 14.3.1

nhielost

obs-midi-mg v3.0.0

obs-midi-mg v3.0.0 is now available.​

Finally, exactly one year after version 2.3.0 was released, the full release of version 3.0.0 is here! Thank you to all that contributed to this plugin - this would not have been possible without you. Please leave any questions, suggestions, or issues you may have in the OBS forum.

Here is the full changelog:

Additions:​

• UI navigation and structure changes!
    • The UI has been revamped to...

descalssso

A beta 3 da ver 3 estava muito boa e fácil de configurar, mas Infelizmente ocorriam alguns travamentos que fechavam o obs e o feedback para leds não funcionava nos canais superiores a 01. Ansioso para testar a versão final. Essa ferramenta é simplesmente incrível, está me ajudando muito!

descalssso

A beta 3 da versão 3 era muito boa e fácil de configurar, mas infelizmente ocorriam alguns travamentos que fechavam o obs e o feedback para leds não funcionava nos canais superiores a 01. Ansioso para testar a versão final. Essa ferramenta é simplesmente incrível, está me ajudando muito!
Testado, infelizmente o mesmo problema, feedback Midi só funciona para o canal 01.

canarion

This new version is not compatible with the vmix mini switcher keyboard, it does not recognize the keyboard as the previous version 2.3.0 did. Is there any improvement solution?

descalssso

Testado, infelizmente o mesmo problema, feedback Midi só funciona para o canal 01.
Fazendo alguns testes, descobrir que há um "erro" na numeração dos canais para o correto funcionamento do feedback led. Por exemplo, se eu quiser que a nota 39 ascenda o led no canal 2, eu devo mandar mensagem pelo canal 3.
20240401_082006.jpg

nhielost

obs-midi-mg v3.0.1

obs-midi-mg v3.0.1 is now available.​

This is a bugfix release.

Bug Fixes:​

• Messages will now show the correct MIDI device at all times
  • Moving Bindings across Binding Collections will no longer cause a crash
  • The MIDI action will no longer send a Message with an incorrect channel value (OBS forum)
  • The Edit Binding tooltip has been reintroduced

Enjoy this new update! As always, I will try to respond on...​

canarion

This new version is not compatible with the vmix mini switcher keyboard and obs 30.0.1.1, it does not recognize the keyboard as the previous version 2.3.0 did. Is there any improvement solution?
This new version is not compatible with the vmix mini switcher keyboard (TY HD 500 SWITCHER) and obs 30.0.1.1, it does not recognize the keyboard as the previous version 2.3.0 did. THE CONFIGURATION PANEL DOES NOT APPEAR IN THE TOOLS SECTION OR ANYTHING Is there any improvement solution?

nhielost

This new version is not compatible with the vmix mini switcher keyboard and obs 30.0.1.1, it does not recognize the keyboard as the previous version 2.3.0 did. Is there any improvement solution?

This new version is not compatible with the vmix mini switcher keyboard (TY HD 500 SWITCHER) and obs 30.0.1.1, it does not recognize the keyboard as the previous version 2.3.0 did. THE CONFIGURATION PANEL DOES NOT APPEAR IN THE TOOLS SECTION OR ANYTHING Is there any improvement solution?
Hello!

Firstly, what operating system are you using? Sometimes the button doesn't appear in the Tools section because of an installation issue with certain OS configurations. And secondly, does the plugin appear in any OBS log files at all? In order to diagnose your problem, I need to check to make sure it's not an internal issue.

Also, I do not believe your MIDI device is the issue if the plugin is not loading at all within OBS. The newest update to this plugin is very up to date in terms of recognizing and adding MIDI devices to control OBS, so it is likely not the plugin compatibility causing the issue.

Hope this helps!

canarion

I am using the widows 11 operating system. After installing the 3.0.1 plugin, the OBS log tells me the following:
17:16:39.973: LoadLibrary falló para '../../obs-plugins/64bit/obs-midi-mg.dll': no se pudo encontrar el módulo especificado.
17:16:39.973: (126)
17:16:39.973: Módulo '../../obs-plugins/64bit/obs-midi-mg.dll' no cargado

On the other hand, if I install 2.3.0 it tells me the following:
19:03:40.605: Failed to load 'en-US' text for module: 'obs-midi-mg.dll'
19:03:40.605: [obs-midi-mg] Main -> Loading plugin...
19:03:40.684: [obs-midi-mg] Config -> Loading configuration...
19:03:40.684: [obs-midi-mg] Config -> Loading configuration file data from C:/Users/USUARIO/AppData/Roaming/obs-studio/plugin_config/obs-midi-mg/obs-midi-mg-config.json...
19:03:40.685: [obs-midi-mg] Config -> Configuration file data loaded. Extracting...
19:03:40.687: [obs-midi-mg] Config -> Configuration file data extraction complete.
19:03:40.687: [obs-midi-mg] Config -> Configuration loading complete.
19:03:40.688: [obs-midi-mg] MIDI In -> Opening input port for device <TY HD 500 Switcher 1>...
19:03:40.689: [obs-midi-mg] MIDI In -> Input port successfully opened.
19:03:40.689: [obs-midi-mg] Main -> Loading plugin using the Echo style...
19:03:40.735: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_device_change(QString)
19:03:40.735: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_message_type_change(QString)
19:03:40.735: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_message_listen_continuous(bool)
19:03:40.735: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_message_listen_once(bool)
19:03:40.735: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_message_type_toggle(bool)
19:03:40.735: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_message_value_toggle(bool)
19:03:40.735: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_action_cat_change(int)
19:03:40.735: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_action_sub_change(int)
19:03:40.735: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_active_change(bool)
19:03:40.735: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_midi_thru_change(bool)
19:03:40.735: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_midi_thru_device_change(QString)
19:03:40.735: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_preferences_click(bool)
19:03:40.735: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_transfer_mode_change(short)
19:03:40.735: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_transfer_bindings_click()
19:03:40.735: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_update_check()
19:03:40.735: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_add_click()
19:03:40.735: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_copy_click()
19:03:40.735: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_remove_click()
19:03:40.735: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_list_selection_change(QListWidgetItem*)
19:03:40.735: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_list_widget_state_change(QListWidgetItem*)
19:03:40.735: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_binding_drag(QModelIndex,int,int,QModelIndex,int)
19:03:40.757: [obs-midi-mg] Main -> Plugin loaded.

descalssso

Ainda não atualizei para a versão 3.0.1, estou na 3.0.0. Mas o problema de travar e fechar o obs, geralmente acontece após salvar uma configuração, tentar editar algum dos perfis criados ou exportar um configuração de um perfil para outro.
Esse problema de trabavamento vem desde o beta da ver 3, mas como eu só configuro os controles midi fora de Live, não tive problemas, mas as vezes se torna inconveniente.

Outro tópico, mas uma sugestão seria poder duplicar os perfis. Pois atualmente só é possível duplicar as configurações dentro de cada perfil ou exportar uma por uma para um outro perfil.

Isso não tira o mérito do plug-in, ele é incrível, o melhor de todos os disponíveis. Parabéns ao/a criador/a.

nhielost

obs-midi-mg v3.0.2

obs-midi-mg v3.0.2 is now available.​

This is a bugfix release.

Bug Fixes:​

• Input Bindings will now use the correct message values for actions
  • Mitigate plugin loading issues on Windows (OBS forum)

Enjoy this new update! As always, I will try to respond on the OBS forum, so feel free to post there any issues or suggestions you may have!​

I get this error when trying to run on Debian 12 (OBS 29.0.2.1+b1)
Removing the deb package seams to get OBS to start.

Code:
QSocketNotifier: Can only be used with threads started with QThread
debug: Found portal inhibitor
debug: Attempted path: share/obs/obs-studio/locale/en-US.ini
debug: Attempted path: /usr/share/obs/obs-studio/locale/en-US.ini
debug: Attempted path: share/obs/obs-studio/locale.ini
debug: Attempted path: /usr/share/obs/obs-studio/locale.ini
debug: Attempted path: share/obs/obs-studio/locale/en-GB.ini
debug: Attempted path: /usr/share/obs/obs-studio/locale/en-GB.ini
info: Using preferred locale 'en-GB'
debug: Attempted path: share/obs/obs-studio/themes/Dark.qss
debug: Attempted path: /usr/share/obs/obs-studio/themes/Dark.qss
info: Platform: Wayland
info: CPU Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz
info: CPU Speed: 4099.659MHz
info: Physical Cores: 6, Logical Cores: 12
info: Physical Memory: 15797MB Total, 538MB Free
info: Kernel Version: Linux 6.1.0-18-amd64
info: Distribution: "Debian GNU/Linux" "12"
info: Session Type: wayland
info: Qt Version: 5.15.8 (runtime), 5.15.8 (compiled)
info: Portable mode: false
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_tbar_position_valueChanged(int)
info: OBS 29.0.2.1-1+b1 (linux)
info: ---------------------------------
info: audio settings reset:
    samples per sec: 48000
    speakers:        2
    max buffering:   960 milliseconds
    buffering type:  dynamically increasing
info: Initializing OpenGL...
info: Using EGL/Wayland
info: Initialized EGL 1.5
info: Loading up OpenGL on adapter Intel Mesa Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 (CFL GT2)
info: OpenGL loaded successfully, version 4.6 (Core Profile) Mesa 22.3.6, shading language 4.60
info: video settings reset:
    base resolution:   1920x1080
    output resolution: 1280x720
    downscale filter:  Bicubic
    fps:               30/1
    format:            NV12
    YUV mode:          Rec. 709/Partial
info: NV12 texture support not available
info: P010 texture support not available
info: Audio monitoring device:
    name: Default
    id: default
warning: Failed to load 'en-US' text for module: 'decklink-captions.so'
warning: Failed to load 'en-US' text for module: 'decklink-output-ui.so'
libDeckLinkAPI.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
warning: A DeckLink iterator could not be created.  The DeckLink drivers may not be installed
warning: Failed to initialize module 'decklink.so'
warning: Failed to load 'en-GB' text for module: 'frontend-tools.so'
warning: Failed to load 'en-GB' text for module: 'linux-alsa.so'
warning: Failed to load 'en-GB' text for module: 'linux-capture.so'
warning: Failed to load 'en-GB' text for module: 'linux-jack.so'
warning: Failed to load 'en-GB' text for module: 'linux-pipewire.so'
info: [pipewire] Available captures:
info: [pipewire]     - Desktop capture
info: [pipewire]     - Window capture
warning: Failed to load 'en-GB' text for module: 'linux-pulseaudio.so'
info: NVENC supported
info: VAAPI: API version 1.17
info: FFmpeg VAAPI H264 encoding supported
warning: Failed to load 'en-GB' text for module: 'obs-midi-mg.so'
info: [obs-midi-mg] Loading plugin (v3.0.2)...
info: [obs-midi-mg] [Configuration] Initializing MIDI...
info: [obs-midi-mg] [MIDI] Device <Midi Through Port-0> detected.
info: [obs-midi-mg] [Configuration] MIDI initialized.
info: [obs-midi-mg] [Configuration] Loading configuration...
info: [obs-midi-mg] [Configuration] Configuration file not found. Loading new configuration data...
info: [obs-midi-mg] [Configuration] Configuration file data loaded. Extracting...
info: [obs-midi-mg] [Configuration] Configuration loading complete.
info: [obs-midi-mg] Loading plugin using the Echo style...
QWidget: Must construct a QApplication before a QWidget
Aborted (core dumped)

Hello there and friendly greetings!
My apologies for the question but... I have downloaded and installed the latest version 3.0.2; I used the installer executable.
Once the installation is done and apparently everything is ok, how do I open the plugin inside OBS?

I have an Impact LX49+ as MIDI device, pretty basic.

Thanks in advance.