OBS-HUD

Free OBS-HUD 0.9.2

CobaltDragon

Please add the timer ((((
This is in progress. I have a simple prototype design, but this is at most an alpha state. More dev and testing are needed to vet out the function. If viable, a substantial GUI update will also be needed to integrate the feature.

There was this problem when recording with HDR. Has an update fixed it?

CobaltDragon

I'll need more information. Can you tell me which game normally runs in HDR mode but does not use HDR when OBS-HUD is active? Is the game using fullscreen, windowed, or borderless window rendering mode?

In full screen. I usually play and stream in HDR at the same time in OBS with the P010 + Rec 2100 PQ setting. I remember I looked at the VCL data and it looked like the codec and format was correct.

But then Youtube did not recognize it as HDR. You see in the thread there are more people experiencing the same thing .I can test what happens now with the current version.

I have recorded a video. It looks like it has been captured in HDR.

Media info program log

Video
ID : 1
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile : Main 10@L5.1@High
HDR format : SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
Codec ID : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
Duration : 1 min 31 s
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 60.000 FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
Bit depth : 10 bits
Default : No
Forced : No
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.2020
Transfer characteristics : PQ
Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant
Mastering display color primaries : Display P3
Mastering display luminance : min: 0.0000 cd/m2, max: 1500 cd/m2
Maximum Content Light Level : 1500
Maximum Frame-Average Light Level : 1500

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It still takes a long time for the HDR mark to appear.

At the same time I have broadcast in HDR (my graphics card has two encoders, it does not lose much performance)

CobaltDragon

Thank you for the video samples. Both videos show an "HDR" mark in the top right corner. Is this showing that HDR is working correctly?

Also, can you tell me what capture mode you are using in OBS? Is it game capture, display capture, or window capture?

No, this is a texture of mine in OBS when I broadcast or record in HDR.

The HDR mark of Youtube appears where the gear is if the video or broadcast is in HDR . In SDR video it appears 4k, 1080p etc. . In recorded video it still shows 4k, it should show HDR when it finishes encoding. But I'm afraid it doesn't accept it as HDR, it should be finished encoding such a short video.

The HDR mark in Youtube appears in the broadcast from the moment it is connected.

However, the log of the Media-info program shows the video with HDR color space and I think with all the characteristics of an HDR video.

I'm capturing the screen. In game mode I cannot capture Cyberpunk 2077 or several other games (for example Alan Wake 2)

But notice that if I am capturing the screen because I am broadcasting at the same time. I have recorded another video in which I am not transmitting at the same time.

Since my graphics card has 2 encoders, I can pause the recording and resume it. I really don't know where the problem is

Last edited:
Well, the minute and a half video has finally been encoded in HDR, several hours later (12 hours). Yesterday in 4 hours it had not been encode. So everything is fine