Audio Monitor

Audio Monitor 0.8.5

AaronD

I believe a similar setup may be my answer as well. However, I can see browser sources being a big issue for me. I want things like SoundAlerts to play through dedicated speakers.
Maybe you can use an external browser for each of those and Window-Capture them? The single Monitor output in OBS is kind of a bottleneck, hence this plugin, but if it doesn't work for you...

RossQuantum

Is there any chance with the inbuilt mic/aux muting is linked to the Audio Monitor filter? The feature is already present if you add any audio source but not for the Mic/Aux, in Audio Mixer.

Nidocamen

This is a truly invaluable plugin for OBS, I don't know what I did without it! That being said, I'd like to know how to remove extra "output sliders" from individual Tracks that might be duplicates or that I used as outputs in the past, but don't need again. (Screenshot below) They are all showing up as sliders in, for example, my Track 1. This sometimes might apply to something that gets 'duplicated' by Windows because it's technically the same device but if plugged into a different USB port, it becomes a "new" device with the exact same name (two sliders in Track 1 below are the same named device). How can I remove these? They are no longer showing in the list of Outputs when I right-click a given speaker icon below one of the sliders.

I'm using plugin version 0.8.2 w/ OBS 29.1.3 on Windows 10 (19045.3324)

This is pretty important for me to resolve as I have a big live event coming up in about two weeks time. Thank you!

--Joe

audio-monitor-extra-sources.png

KyleMcCarley

Been using this plugin for a while (and I LOVE it). Tinkering with my setup today, I was trying to calibrate the sync offset on everything I'm monitoring with it, which led me to the discovery that Sync Offset in the Advanced Audio Properties setting box doesn't work with this plugin, since anything delayed there will also be delayed on the AudioMonitor filter. That led me to the discovery of the Delay setting on the filter, but it unfortunately only delays in the wrong direction: delaying what I hear and not what the stream hears. Anybody know of a workaround? Seems like everything's playing to stream about 100ms early (or getting to me 100ms late, however you wanna look at it). It'd be great to calibrate since I can't use headphones with this show, so my mics are picking up everything and creating a slight echo.

rbtoast

Unable to get this to work on Mac M1. I installed 8.3 and it never shows in OBS in my filters. Not sure even how to troubleshoot!
1695771752109.png

KogaKing

Has anyone attempted to upgrade to OBS version 29.0 and had any issues with the plugin? I'd prefer to wait on upgrading to 29 if people have had problems. Any news?
Yes. The plug-in causes OBS to crash when you try to exit and then all the settings get messed up. Also the meters don't seem to be showing the proper audio levels. It's always showing the meter at topping out. I have had the filter applied to the proper audio source. ANd tried lowering the monitoring volume and the stream output volume in OBS but the meter is still topping out at red in the Audio Monitor dock. There are still some bugs and I don't know what's causing this issue.

GPMike

I love this plugin. It adds great capabilities to OBS that makes it one of the most capable mixers in existence, but there is an issue. I deal with daily while doing show setup, the filters lose connection to the audio cables they are assigned to. Each time I start OBS, I must go into each filter, select a different selection, then re-select the original audio cable and it then works.

mamasenapaii

Hello, i have tried to install this plug in. I have used it before - and have recently uninstalled and deleted all content and reinstalled to start fresh. The files are still in my folders but the plug in is not showing up as working properly. is there any way to work through this? I LOVE this plug in pleassee help!

If i have to uninstall and wipe everything i can- but i need to know how to save scenes as i JUST got them set up. Is that saving a profile or??
1696646727525.png
1696646732290.png
1696646734914.png

Hello, i have tried to install this plug in. I have used it before - and have recently uninstalled and deleted all content and reinstalled to start fresh. The files are still in my folders but the plug in is not showing up as working properly. is there any way to work through this? I LOVE this plug in pleassee help!

If i have to uninstall and wipe everything i can- but i need to know how to save scenes as i JUST got them set up. Is that saving a profile or??
View attachment 98332View attachment 98333View attachment 98334

To save your scenes, go to "Scenes" in OBS Studio's menu bar, come down to "Export", then it'll give you a dialog to select where to save as well as what to name the resulting JSON file.

For profiles, which includes streaming service URL, streaming key (where applicable, mainly on RTMP ingesters), and encoder settings, go to Profile, then select export. It'll then ask for which directory/folder you want to save your profile, which saves as a directory/folder in the name of your choice, should you choose.

Additional note, having multiple profiles makes switching between streaming services and/or encoding schemes a snap. Likewise, having multiple scene sets helps keep scene sets for different streaming setups separate and easy to manage, too. You can even send WebSocket messages to select which scene set and/or which profile to use, too.

Hope this helps.

--Katt. =^.^=

Last edited:

Nephiles

Hello everyone! I'm using the plugin on a Windows 11 system to route the audio output (Track 1) to the NZXT Signal 4K30 Capture Card, connected to a Mac mini M2 as the streaming computer. Additionally, I'm sending the video via a full-screen projector to the Capture Card.

Unfortunately, I've noticed that over time, there are audio delays on Windows 11, causing it to go out of sync with the audio mixer. Even when adding individual tracks, it leads to the same result. Any ideas on what might be causing this? Does anyone have a suggestion?

Furthermore, it would be great to have a plugin for monitoring both video and audio. Regards!

Nephiles

Hello everyone! I'm using the plugin on a Windows 11 system to route the audio output (Track 1) to the NZXT Signal 4K30 Capture Card, connected to a Mac mini M2 as the streaming computer. Additionally, I'm sending the video via a full-screen projector to the Capture Card.

Unfortunately, I've noticed that over time, there are audio delays on Windows 11, causing it to go out of sync with the audio mixer. Even when adding individual tracks, it leads to the same result. Any ideas on what might be causing this? Does anyone have a suggestion?

Furthermore, it would be great to have a plugin for monitoring both video and audio. Regards!
Update: After some adjustments in OBS, everything is now working synchronously and as expected. Adding an option for horizontal view would be a great addition.

osi74

Hello I wanted to let everyone know that I think this plugin is leaking memory in OBS eventually causing a crash, I removed it narrowing everything down to the fact that the unlogged OBS crashes started about a day after I updated this plugin.
Now that I removed this plugin the memory leak is fixed and OBS is steady and back to using around ~400mb for our 24/7 stream.
I don't think a lot of people stream this long up to 48hrs if I forget at 9pm to reset the stream and most other 24/7 streamers don't go live and use this plugin.
Can anyone confirm the memory leak. I seems to be faster when you unplug or switch off the device that selected in the plugin while it is still active. Turning it off slows it a bit and removing the filter from the audio source slows the leak more but the only way to stop it is to uninstall and check the two files are removed from the OBS plugins folder.

Thanks, J3D

KingKong77

Hello I wanted to let everyone know that I think this plugin is leaking memory in OBS eventually causing a crash, I removed it narrowing everything down to the fact that the unlogged OBS crashes started about a day after I updated this plugin.
Now that I removed this plugin the memory leak is fixed and OBS is steady and back to using around ~400mb for our 24/7 stream.
I don't think a lot of people stream this long up to 48hrs if I forget at 9pm to reset the stream and most other 24/7 streamers don't go live and use this plugin.
Can anyone confirm the memory leak. I seems to be faster when you unplug or switch off the device that selected in the plugin while it is still active. Turning it off slows it a bit and removing the filter from the audio source slows the leak more but the only way to stop it is to uninstall and check the two files are removed from the OBS plugins folder.

Thanks, J3D

Can you give us more details about the memory leak?
For instance, tell us how much memory it increases after the activation of the plugin (you said ~400mb when the plugin is off).