Resource icon

Free Animated Lower Thirds with Dockable Control Panel v.1.6

wavemandaniel

Good day ladies and gentle men, please am new to OBS STUDIO and am finding it very difficult applying the obs lower thirds plugin,
I have done all the settings correctly but the lower thirds cant display

wavemandaniel

Hope this suggestion will help someone else. Using windows 11 and obs 29.1.3, I named my source "Lower Thirds" Then under obs sources I went into the properties for "Lower Thirds" and unchecked the box for Local File. Then pasted the browser source path into the url box just under the local file box. Then in the main settings in my lower thirds' browser in obs, in the third box to the right of global times where it says "inactive" in grey shadow I clicked the number 1 that has the circle around it. After that, everything worked as expected. If those directions are not very clear for you, feel free to contact me and I will see if I can help with better directions for what I did.
You are a genus, i tried it and it worked

Gabbehum

Hey, is there anyone who have made (programed) a version with more than four Animated Lower Thirds?I'm in need of total of six LowerThirds in the controll panel, and to use six "hot keys" to get them in a live stream. Thou I don't got the skills to program it my self ... help someone?

Skärmavbild 2023-10-14 kl. 17.33.39.png

OpenlyAvoidant

OBS ScriptLog: '[lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua] Error opening file: (null)'

Trying to figure it out, but also wanted to post it here, until it's fixed.

gnux

I've tested the lower third, i was wondering if we can setup 4 lower third at the same in a different position, i a simply manner. What i've tested so far is add 4 browser and switch on and off the lower third button to have it shown in the mean while. I was wondering if is there the possibity to trigger only the lower third interested in automatic way. For example when i run scene3 where there is speaker 03 trigger the lower third for the speaker 3 only

Tormy

Hey, is there anyone who have made (programed) a version with more than four Animated Lower Thirds?I'm in need of total of six LowerThirds in the controll panel, and to use six "hot keys" to get them in a live stream. Thou I don't got the skills to program it my self ... help someone?

View attachment 98536
Not yet since this script seems abandonware. i will try to work on it

Bairespm

Todavía no, ya que este script parece abandonado. intentaré trabajar en ello
Hello, I already have it... I modified the code now there are 6 LT. attach the file. Although I couldn't test it in obs version 30, it doesn't seem to work. Please tell me if it works and how you made it work, thank you.
1701272023510.png

Attachments

• Animated-Lower-Thirds-1.6.rar
    285.4 KB · Views: 92

Tormy

Hello, I already have it... I modified the code now there are 6 LT. attach the file. Although I couldn't test it in obs version 30, it doesn't seem to work. Please tell me if it works and how you made it work, thank you.
View attachment 99664
I had not yet time to modify it. I ask you: did you tested? Under OBS30 it works but before to substitute it I need to what i asked. Thanks a lot.

Bairespm

I had not yet time to modify it. I ask you: did you tested? Under OBS30 it works but before to substitute it I need to what i asked. Thanks a lot.
I tried it in two different obs version 30 and neither the original nor the modified lower thirds works... in other words, the plugin works but it doesn't show anything in the source. If you managed to make the original work, can you show me how you did it?

Tormy

I tried it in two different obs version 30 and neither the original nor the modified lower thirds works... in other words, the plugin works but it doesn't show anything in the source. If you managed to make the original work, can you show me how you did it?
To be honest it never stopped to work
1701629140023.png

Glynnman

Not sure if this has been posted before, but I was able to resolve an issue with the lower third boxes not working. The guide I found on youtube instructs you to enable "local file" in the source properties window. I couldn't get the lower third to show and it would continually have a red surround on the element in the control window. After finding another window that talked about update 27.2 breaking the functionality, I tried to apply the fix, which was to add "file:///" to the file path. Problem was, with "Local File" check-marked, I was not able to edit the file dialog entry.

HERE's THE FIX... DISABLE "Local File". This allows you to manually enter the "URL" for the browser source. So the adjusted steps to implement this plug-in is as follows:
1. Navigate to the browser_source.html file location.
2. Double click on the browser_source.html file to open the file in a browser.
3. Copy the URL to your clipboard.
4. Add a browser source in your scene, title it as you would like.
5. In the URL field for the source type in "file:///" and then paste the URL.

As an alternative, to typing in "file:///" and then pasting, open a blank notepad/wordpad document type in "file:///" then paste the path. Then select the entire text string and copy. Then paste it into the URL field in the browser source properties.

The path should resemble this, depending on where you put the plug-in folder:
file:///c:/Program Files/obs-studio/Animated-Lower-Thirds/lower thirds/browser-source.html

Hope this helps.

rafdee

I noticed that after the OBS update to 30.0.2, that the .lua script isn't working anymore. I get the error now, -
[lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua] Error loading file: [string "/Applications/OBS.app/Contents/PlugIns/Animat..."]:491: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 155) near 'elseif'

Tormy

Not sure if this has been posted before, but I was able to resolve an issue with the lower third boxes not working. The guide I found on youtube instructs you to enable "local file" in the source properties window. I couldn't get the lower third to show and it would continually have a red surround on the element in the control window. After finding another window that talked about update 27.2 breaking the functionality, I tried to apply the fix, which was to add "file:///" to the file path. Problem was, with "Local File" check-marked, I was not able to edit the file dialog entry.

HERE's THE FIX... DISABLE "Local File". This allows you to manually enter the "URL" for the browser source. So the adjusted steps to implement this plug-in is as follows:
1. Navigate to the browser_source.html file location.
2. Double click on the browser_source.html file to open the file in a browser.
3. Copy the URL to your clipboard.
4. Add a browser source in your scene, title it as you would like.
5. In the URL field for the source type in "file:///" and then paste the URL.

As an alternative, to typing in "file:///" and then pasting, open a blank notepad/wordpad document type in "file:///" then paste the path. Then select the entire text string and copy. Then paste it into the URL field in the browser source properties.

The path should resemble this, depending on where you put the plug-in folder:
file:///c:/Program Files/obs-studio/Animated-Lower-Thirds/lower thirds/browser-source.html

Hope this helps.
What you are telling it's written into the instructions. I read them and applied them since the first time I downloaded this Lower Third plugin years ago.

gmdewulf

When I move "lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua" away from the "Lower-Thirds/lower thirds" sub-directory I get the error message "No such file or directory" no matter where I stick it. Any ideas, please? Thank you.

rafdee

I am using a silicon M2 Macbook and OBS 30.0.2. I reloaded everything to try to resolve some issues and now when I am reinstalling Animated Lower Thirds plugin, I get this error message:

[lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua] Error loading file: [string "/Applications/OBS.app/Contents/PlugIns/Animat..."]:491: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 155) near 'elseif'

I have the files loaded into the plugin folder of the OBS - Package Contents folder, but the script is having an issue running it. Any help is greatly appriciated. Thanks