Zoom, PowerPoint, and OBS (2 monitors)

Jeff Deutsch

Hi All,

I run the Zoom for my church and am fairly technical. I am new to OBS. I have two monitors, call them A and B, where B is a lower resolution.

I have two questions about screen real-estate: I run two Windows 10 "virtual" desktops. On desktop 1 I have Zoom running on monitor A and OBS running on monitor B. (I need the extra screen room for Zoom). On desktop 2 have PowerPoint running on monitor A (higher resolution).

I use window capture in OBS to grab my PPT screen for some of my OBS scenes. However, when I'm using Zoom on monitor A (moving around the screen to work with participants), the mouse pointer also appears over my PPT running on desktop 2. Note that I run PPT on screen A due to resolution- if I run it on monitor B it comes out lower resolution in Zoom.

Question One: Is there a way to prevent the mouse from appearing over the PPT on desktop 2?

This is as much a windows question as an OBS question, I guess. My second question is...

Question Two: Any suggestions about a better setup for this type of thing?

Thank you for any advice!

Jeff

Attachments

• Log.txt
    18.1 KB · Views: 19

Lawrence_SoCal

Look in these forums for discussion of Windows Capture methods, specifically the new Windows Graphic Capture vs BitBlt
basically Microsoft thing... I switched back to running PPTx in Windowed SlideShow mode, and using BitBlt so mouse doesn't show up, and I don't need accelerated graphics capture capability