Zoom OBS and Drawing app set up...

Angelz2nz

I am a caricature artist and have been doing Virtual shows using Zoom since covid. I'd like to design an OBS screen that would include:
  1. Drawing app screen(eg. Photoshop) to show live drawing;
  2. Subject box, with person being drawn from Zoom room;
  3. Artist Box, showing the Artist drawing;
  4. The Zoom Meeting Box, showing the participants in the Zoom meeting.
I can get the App pulled in, but I am having trouble setting up the remaining boxes and linking them to whatever they are supposed to be linked. I've attached a generic sketch of the idea...any insight? thanks
Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 4.12.45 PM.png

b33sus

@Angelz2nz I am not an expert at OBS, but I tried a few layouts to try and get this to work. I couldn't seem to get individual captures of the attendees into a source. I am wondering if something like skype would work better. I looked into NDI protocol. Skype supports sending individual video feeds of each participant. You have to download a plug-in for OBS.

NDI is used as a way to send high quality video & audio feeds over IP (ethernet). Some broadcasters use a commercial grade version of it.

It sounds like some people have experienced hit and miss reliability with it, but who knows what they were trying to do. It looks like a LOT of people have requested that Zoom support this feature in their forums.

Might be something to look into.

Angelz2nz

@Angelz2nz I am not an expert at OBS, but I tried a few layouts to try and get this to work. I couldn't seem to get individual captures of the attendees into a source. I am wondering if something like skype would work better. I looked into NDI protocol. Skype supports sending individual video feeds of each participant. You have to download a plug-in for OBS.

NDI is used as a way to send high quality video & audio feeds over IP (ethernet). Some broadcasters use a commercial grade version of it.

It sounds like some people have experienced hit and miss reliability with it, but who knows what they were trying to do. It looks like a LOT of people have requested that Zoom support this feature in their forums.

Might be something to look into.
Thanks so much for the information. I hope to keep looking. Im certain there is some solution or work around. Time will tell.