Question / Help Zoom and NDI

Narcogen

For those who are attempting to use OBS output as an input into Zoom, the latest version does seem to support NDI input if you launch the NewTek Virtual Source application and then choose an NDI output from OBS from the task bar.

ogb9

Thanks worked great.
Really wish they would name the programs starting with NDI, just look up VIRTUAL INPUT
"C:\Program Files\NewTek\NDI 4 Tools\Virtual Input\NDI Virtual Input.exe"

Any details how to extract each individuals stream from ZOOM or SKYPE for external streaming?

RoBrend

OBS has an NDI plugin that allows you to use the caller as a video source. I am wondering if the is a solution for zoom as well

RoBrend

Does it work the other way around? Or am i looking at it wrong? I want to use zoom output as a video source in obs to manage individual zoom callers for broadcasting.

Dihelson

One aspect of OBS that I really need to learn is how to work along with zoom and Skype for live interviews. Looks like it's very difficult to route correctly video and audio. And using NDI ? Oh gosh ! Looks complicated.

Steve Seguin

You can also use https://obs.ninja to pull in guests to OBS or use obs.ninja to do group-chats. It's free and gives you much better video/audio quality than Zoom. Plugs into OBS via the browser source.

azarel

Just used NDI Virtual Input on Windows for a Zoom call. Crazy setup I've got here, but essentially it was grabbing video and audio from an OBS session on another machine over NDI that would normally be broadcasting the output to YouTube. Using it was a little funky. Had to right click the tray icon to select the NDI stream before I could utilise the virtual inputs. Would be far more usable if the studio monitor actually utilised/set the same inputs. Anyway that's an NDI thing not OBS. The OBS bits worked a treat.