Question / Help YUY2 input format in capture card is missing

Arthurka_O

Hello. I bought chinese capture card ezcap 263. I know what you're thinking, but to the point: on my friend's Windows laptop it works perfectly, but on Macbook 2016 it misses YUY2 input format. In MJPEG picture from capture card is very blurry and like some colors are missing. Can somebody help me with it?
Screenshot 2018-11-20 at 23.17.44.png

michaelmistaken

I have a similar issue with an "Elikliv" branded USB/HDMI capture device. It's reported as working in Linux, Mac and Windows. On Windows 10 without drivers. In Mac in OBS 22.0.3 only the MJPEG option is displayed, as in your screenshot.

Testing with the ffmpeg -f avfoundation command line tool suggests that avfoundation knows that these formats are supported by the device, and are being reported to ffmpeg by avfoundation.

OBS log file, in empty scene, added a video capture device, switched to the "Live Streaming USB Device", changed from the default 720 preset to 1080/60fps, default input format type.

https://obsproject.com/logs/UBS4rnBTtT5AR6U6

ffmpeg thinks the supported pixel formats for this device are:

uyvy422
yuyv422
nv12
0rgb
bgr0

Last edited:

yochi

I have a similar issue with an "Elikliv" branded USB/HDMI capture device. It's reported as working in Linux, Mac and Windows. On Windows 10 without drivers. In Mac in OBS 22.0.3 ....

Hey, the elikliv hd60 can do YUY2, I know the thread is old, but it poped on google search so its relevant

I was having this problem with my girl's computer: In my computer it works flawlesly but on only MJPEG shows. After some testing I found the problem to be the cable. Not all USB cables are equal, for the elikliv HD60 to show YUY2 format you have to use a cable certified for 3.1 specs - 10Gpbs speeds- (Maybe 3.0 works too?). The cable suplied by the manufacturer works like a charm on macOS, Linux and Win 10.

I tested all the USB-C to USB-A cables I have at home and none worked to show YUY as an option, only an USB-C to USB-C thunderbolt worked, and the usb that came in the box.

macOS-elikliv-yuy2.png