Question / Help YouTube Stream randomly cuts out; message: "The stream is unavailable."

Adam French

So, I'm doing a test stream before an event tonight and right now, I'm running OBS Studio 23.0.1 on a 2013 Mac Pro running Mojave 10.14.3 with my output settings as follows:

Rate Control: CBR
Bitrate: 4000
Use custom buffer size: Unchecked
Keyframe Interval: 2
CPU Usage Preset: faster

Right now, I have 0 dropped frames. I've been running the stream for over 10 minutes. I'm not doing a recorded version of the file, so there's no recording time. My CPU usage is hovering around 15%, at 19fps (set to output to 24fps) and I'm encoding at around 4200 kb/s.

I'm testing this out in YouTube and when I engage my "Public View," the stream looks and sounds great. The only problem is that randomly (it's happened twice in 10 minutes), the stream just cuts out to static with the standard YouTube error message, "This video is unavailable." When I refresh the page, the stream is still continuing as normal. But I don't want my viewers to drop a connection like that. Buffering is okay, but that full black-out is problematic for me.

Within YouTube, I'm bouncing back and forth between GOOD and BAD statuses, with the BAD status saying, "YouTube is not receiving enough video to maintain smooth streaming. As such, viewers will experience buffering." But this doesn't necessarily mesh up with what I'm seeing in the bottom status bar of OBS. Am I reading into it wrong?

I'm attaching a log file for more information. I'm also attaching SpeedTest results.

If anyone could help me troubleshoot this, or could recommend better Output settings so this doesn't happen, I'd appreciate it so much. Thank you!

Attachments

• 2019-03-11 09-52-40.txt
    11.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 10.56.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 10.56.13 AM.png
    288.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited: