Youtube Live No Audio Out

QuinoaJones

Hello,

I have an ATEM TV PRO and a Decklink 4K using an SDI to the ATEM. Windows 10 pro computer. Sound is an XLR from a sound board to the ATEM.

Video works fine.

Sound also appears to work fine up to OBS. Shows up in OBS as BlackMagic. I am not using desktop audio or mic audio from Windows. Correct me if that is wrong.

Audio also shows up in ATEM controller. Looks fine there.

I am getting audio in. Is there a setting I am missing for putting audio out? I have looked at a lot of settings and options, but they are all basically on the defaults OBS started me with. They look fine. I did reduce the audio bit rate to 128 in case that was an issue, but the internet connection is strong.

I did see an error in a log about max audio buffering reached. The video has a 10 - 15 second delay before it gets on Youtube Live. I did not tell the audio to buffer. Although I think I tried to add some kind of buffer after. It didn't help.

I will attach a log file before and after I tried to make changes.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Attachments

• 2020-10-06 10-49-31.txt
    24.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 2020-10-06 12-35-03.txt
    17.7 KB · Views: 1

QuinoaJones

Still need help. I will be back on site on Tuesday. I do see Audio Output Capture to add to the devices area. If I am capturing video and sound in on a Decklink card by black magic, do I need to add the same device again as an audio output capture?
Again, the audio shows up fine in the mixer on OBS. 100% the decklink card. I don't understand why the audio doesn't go out to Youtube Live with the video.

QuinoaJones

I am back on site today. Audio does work in OBS recording. No audio in Youtube live. What step am I missing? Do I set up the black magic device as audio output capture device, too? Details, please. I feel like a noob.

QuinoaJones

pic of current devices and good audio in the OBS mixer.

Thanks.

Attachments

• p3.PNG
    p3.PNG
    38.1 KB · Views: 13

QuinoaJones

Great news! It seems to be working fine. We had to change the XLR output on the board. Funny that both produced visuals of sound input on the OBS and ATEM control audio mixers.
However, the sound is choppy, rough, has drops, and at other 1 second intervals sounds perfect. It is at OBS or ATEM or the decklink card, since it sounds fine in the studio and it sounds choppy even if I do a local OBS recording.