Question / Help YouTube is not receiving enough video....

Dave Wilson

Hey there. So, I was streaming pretty good for a couple weeks but last week I noticed YouTube started telling me that it wasn't receiving enough video to ensure a smooth stream. When asking viewers how it looked they said it was fine so I didn't worry about it, figured it was maybe a YouTube glitch.

But tonight I was informed that it was in fact pretty bad. Now, initially a couple weeks ago I was streaming at 3500 for my bitrate but when the problem showed up I boosted it to 4500. Tonight when told it was bad I tried boosting to 6000. Was told it didn't make a difference so tried dropping to 3000. Was told it was fine for a couple of minutes but hen it was bad again.

So, I quit for the night but decided to do a speed test and see if maybe my provider was giving me some issue but I'm getting a good 10Mb upload so that's not the problem.

What the heck can I do make this work? Thoughts? Thanks!

Attachments

• 2016-09-06 20-02-40.txt
    14.8 KB · Views: 2,558
Hi,

I get this all the time, haven't seen the issue impacting the viewers so would just ignore YT steam good or poor notification. If you are not to sure then worth using another machine / device / friend the check it to confirm its not buffing etc.

Simes

23:02:26.142: Output 'adv_stream': Number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 7802 (2.4%)
23:02:26.142: Output 'adv_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 5771 (1.8%)
23:02:26.142: Output 'adv_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 178 (0.1%)

This seems to me to be the likely reason that Youtube's telling you it's not receiving enough video. Your system's not quite up to the job you're asking it to do. That means you should probably be turning things down, not up.

Dave Wilson

Bearded Bob...Some users are noticing though. I only ever have 1 or 2 right now, so last night for example, one guy was on and said it seemed fine...but then he left...and someone else started watching a bit later and said it's the worst he's ever seen it from me..

So, my system was doing fine for the first few weeks I was streaming, it's only the last week or two I've had an issue. What could be interfering? There's no nice tool I'm aware of that will monitor and say "Dropbox is getting in the way!"

Does it start off ok on YT? does your ISP have any traffic management policies? I now say Virgin Media in the UK after 2 hours of uploading about 4.5mb will cap it to now allow anymore UL until you use less than there policies.

Have you tired a lower bitrate? say 2000 @ 720p 30fps

How does it perform on Twitch?

Dave Wilson

I don't understand how people like twitch. 720p? 2 week archives? No thanks! hahaha

I haven't tried 720p because I don't want 720p. Sure, I suppose I could just try it to see how it performs. But that doesn't help me. And like I said, it worked fine for a few weeks. So either I've done something to my computer to cause the issue, something else has done something to my computer to cause the issue, or, like you said, maybe my ISP has a restriction or something...Though, Simes has shown that my system seems to be the problem. I'm just at a loss for where the problem might be...

I'll give the Twitch and 720p thing a try tonight.

Dave Wilson

Okay, so there' seems to be something on my computer that interferes with video output or something...I haven't streamed since the last messages because it just sucks...Even on Twitch at the 720, likely, I suspect, due to something on my computer causing me video issues. It dawned on me recently though that a problem I have when editing video in Adobe Premier wasn't there before all this trouble started...

The problem I'm having in premier is that I can only play back a few seconds of footage before it starts getting choppy. If I leave it play it stays choppy and doesn't get better, but if I simply tap the space bar twice to pause and then unpause playback, it plays fine again, for a few seconds and then gets choppy again...

So I'm wondering, does anyone know of any good tools that can help me track down where the problem is coming from? I feel as though some background application (such as Drop Box or Google drive or Skype) might be causing the issue but short of either uninstalling EVERYTHING or wiping out the computer and starting over, I'm not sure how to track down where the problem is. I have looked at the Task manager while it's happening to find processes that are in overdrive on the CPU or RAM when it happens but nothing stands out.

Thanks.

AM Bafoon

I have the exact same problem i have watched so many videos about how to fix it but none of them work i have shaw internet with a average upload speed of 11-12.1 mbps and when i try streaming anything at 2500kbps it tells me that i can't then i tried 500kbps and it worked for about 30 mins and then stopped

AM Bafoon

Okay, so there' seems to be something on my computer that interferes with video output or something...I haven't streamed since the last messages because it just sucks...Even on Twitch at the 720, likely, I suspect, due to something on my computer causing me video issues. It dawned on me recently though that a problem I have when editing video in Adobe Premier wasn't there before all this trouble started...

The problem I'm having in premier is that I can only play back a few seconds of footage before it starts getting choppy. If I leave it play it stays choppy and doesn't get better, but if I simply tap the space bar twice to pause and then unpause playback, it plays fine again, for a few seconds and then gets choppy again...

So I'm wondering, does anyone know of any good tools that can help me track down where the problem is coming from? I feel as though some background application (such as Drop Box or Google drive or Skype) might be causing the issue but short of either uninstalling EVERYTHING or wiping out the computer and starting over, I'm not sure how to track down where the problem is. I have looked at the Task manager while it's happening to find processes that are in overdrive on the CPU or RAM when it happens but nothing stands out.

Thanks.
I may have found a potential fix go into the settings tab and go to advanced set the process prioety to high and go into the task manager go to the details tab find your game and right click hover over set prioety and set it to above normal

Elijah Emmanuel

Hey there. So, I was streaming pretty good for a couple weeks but last week I noticed YouTube started telling me that it wasn't receiving enough video to ensure a smooth stream. When asking viewers how it looked they said it was fine so I didn't worry about it, figured it was maybe a YouTube glitch.

But tonight I was informed that it was in fact pretty bad. Now, initially a couple weeks ago I was streaming at 3500 for my bitrate but when the problem showed up I boosted it to 4500. Tonight when told it was bad I tried boosting to 6000. Was told it didn't make a difference so tried dropping to 3000. Was told it was fine for a couple of minutes but hen it was bad again.

So, I quit for the night but decided to do a speed test and see if maybe my provider was giving me some issue but I'm getting a good 10Mb upload so that's not the problem.

What the heck can I do make this work? Thoughts? Thanks!

I kept tweaking the bitrate n it got fixed..