Question / Help Youtube Chat Overlay Not Working

Yzarc

I stream from time to time on my YouTube channel and every single tutorial says to popout the chat, copy the link, and post it into the browser source in OBS, and it should pop up. Mine isn't, I just keep getting a white box that says "This video is unavailable" in the middle of it.

Please help!

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 2,301
From what i remember, you either need to log in in the obs browser, or set the stream to public. The problem is likely, that you use the link from your dashboard which includes information that is not visible to others, or at least shouldn't be.
Try using the link from your watch page instead.
As far as i remember the chat is not usable for others than yourself when you stream a sheduled event. In this case it can be fiddly as you need to login with the obs browser before opening the chat link.
This should work when you open youtube in the browser source, then right-click->interact and login to the site. After that you should be able to open the chat.

Yzarc

Thank you so so so so much!! Making it public, then taking the link from the watch page worked!! :D

DaggySwaggy

From what i remember, you either need to log in in the obs browser, or set the stream to public. The problem is likely, that you use the link from your dashboard which includes information that is not visible to others, or at least shouldn't be.
As far as i remember the chat is not usable for others than yourself when you stream a sheduled event. In this case it can be fiddly as you need to login with the obs browser before opening the chat link.
This should work when you open youtube in the browser source, then right-click->interact and login to the site. After that you should be able to open the chat.
Can you be more specific ? Im still stuck on it..

HarelTheGamerX

Thanks man, helped me too.