Your current video card does not support this nvenc version error

INeedHelpPlease

Hello, I need obs to record my screen for a informatics olympiad. Until now, for all contests I took part in I'd've gone to school and have everything already set up. This time I cannot. Last time I needed to record my screen I literally made a zoom call alone and used zoom's record function because I don't know how to fix the error given by obs. I don't even know what a video card is, I am tech illiterate. How can I fix it? I don't really want to make a zoom call with myself alone again.

Goliath

The video card is the processor / memory / etc unit that creates the image you see on the screen. Your video card is from nVidia because the NVENC is a nVidia technology. NVENC is a functionality of nVidia cards to record the video.

If NVENC, which is actual hardware, doesnt work, you have to switch to software instead.

You start OBS Studio, press settings (second button from right bottom, or from the menu), select Output (third from above) page, and then you can change what kind of Encoder you want to use for both Streaming and Recording. Switch both from NVENC to Software.

Ishatix

You can also try this solution, It works for me!
I am using Windows 10 64 bit, with 2 GPUs in my laptop. Intel Iris and Nvidia MX450
In your solution you have disabled NVENC encoding for recording, so surely this is just a more long winded way of using software encoding as can be done more simply as described by Goliath above?

sid dead

The video card is the processor / memory / etc unit that creates the image you see on the screen. Your video card is from nVidia because the NVENC is a nVidia technology. NVENC is a functionality of nVidia cards to record the video.

If NVENC, which is actual hardware, doesnt work, you have to switch to software instead.

You start OBS Studio, press settings (second button from right bottom, or from the menu), select Output (third from above) page, and then you can change what kind of Encoder you want to use for both Streaming and Recording. Switch both from NVENC to Software.
thanks for this i know its a year old but been having this issue for a while now this fixed it!!!!

it_just_works

If updating drivers didn't help, then try downgrading OBS to the last 27-series version (27.2.4).

Especially if your computer is not new.

I've made a video of the whole process:
1. Showing/reproducing problem.
2. Uninstalling OBS.
3. Downloading and installing older version (not much different than new).
4. Testing.