Yamaha Ag06 with audio problems when opening the obs!

fabiocog

I've been having a very strange problem recently. and I'm still not convinced that it's a problem with my yamaha audio interface. I've been streaming this mixer for over a year with obs.
but recently as soon as I open the OBS it has the audio pecking. and failing, sometimes it even disappears the device in windows.

I've done everything

I used windows 11, I formatted the pc and the problem persisted.
I returned versions of the yamaha driver, and the problem also persisted.
I installed up to windows 10, I used all versions of the yamaha driver on the site and ALL gave problems.

I thought it was a problem with my PC's hardware. I changed PSU, Motherboard and even put a new VGA. but the problem just gets weirder.

And the problem only happens when I open the oBS..
I even tried reconfiguring OBS from scratch to see what was going on. what I realized the problem happens when I put a capture device. like my C922 pro webcam or the ELgato HD 60 pro.

If I don't add these 2 devices the problem doesn't happen. the funny thing is that it never happened.

My PC configuration is:

Ryzen 5 4650g
B450M Steel Legend
32GB
GTX 1660 Super
Aksa Venon 750w PSU
ELGATO HD 60 PRO
webcam C922 PRO

I use this pc only for streaming. the gaming pc is another.
I've already tried to put an external source on the Yamaha ag06, thinking it was power.

Oh and without the yamaha driver, using the windows driver it doesn't have the problem. but it has other problems like a robotic voice sometimes because it doesn't have a driver installed.

KTCflute

I've been having a very strange problem recently. and I'm still not convinced that it's a problem with my yamaha audio interface. I've been streaming this mixer for over a year with obs.
but recently as soon as I open the OBS it has the audio pecking. and failing, sometimes it even disappears the device in windows.

I've done everything

I used windows 11, I formatted the pc and the problem persisted.
I returned versions of the yamaha driver, and the problem also persisted.
I installed up to windows 10, I used all versions of the yamaha driver on the site and ALL gave problems.

I thought it was a problem with my PC's hardware. I changed PSU, Motherboard and even put a new VGA. but the problem just gets weirder.

And the problem only happens when I open the oBS..
I even tried reconfiguring OBS from scratch to see what was going on. what I realized the problem happens when I put a capture device. like my C922 pro webcam or the ELgato HD 60 pro.

If I don't add these 2 devices the problem doesn't happen. the funny thing is that it never happened.

My PC configuration is:

Ryzen 5 4650g
B450M Steel Legend
32GB
GTX 1660 Super
Aksa Venon 750w PSU
ELGATO HD 60 PRO
webcam C922 PRO

I use this pc only for streaming. the gaming pc is another.
I've already tried to put an external source on the Yamaha ag06, thinking it was power.

Oh and without the yamaha driver, using the windows driver it doesn't have the problem. but it has other problems like a robotic voice sometimes because it doesn't have a driver installed.
I am also suffering from the same issue - using a Yamaha AG03 MK2 with a brand new HP Victus 15L desktop. :(

KTCflute

There was a Windows 11 cumulative update that went live recently. I'll see about trying my AG03 MK2 with the Yamaha Steinberg USB drivers to see if it made any difference.

It's a problem that affects many units across the the Steinberg and Yamaha ranges apparently, due to a driver that has been very poorly programmed and rarely patched, as TerminatorSAW2k posted earlier. I just didn't notice it before as prior to getting my HP Victus 15L, I was using the AG03 MK2 on my Macbook Pro with no problems at all.

So, I don't think it necessarily is an OBS problem, but good to keep this thread going just in case.

Also, I'm likely to be forced to get another interface just for this Windows machine as a result of the crap drivers for the AG03... Is Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen good with Windows 11 with no problems? I've been looking at that.

fabiocog

I ended up with the problem when opening the obs. activating the option 4g above decoding in the bios it reduces the pci express latency it helped me with that.. I even bought the mk2 and the problem still persists. but it's like you guys sometimes said about the problem in windows without using the obs. but reduced considerably. and yes it is the problem with the driver. if windows driver it does not. but we lose a lot of resources with it. Sorry for the English translator lol.

Still looking for the solution

KTCflute

Well, I tried the AG03 mk2 with both the 2.1.3 drivers after the latest windows update.... no fix to the issue.

On the advice of the other forums, I tried the old 2.0.3 drivers... now, it doesn't disconnect, but it has very bad crackling and other audio artifacts, making it still unusable for what I want to do.

Interestingly enough, the older 2.0.3 drivers show as "Microphone" and "Speaker" under the sound devices, while the newest 2.1.3 drivers show as "Line" twice. I wonder if that's a symptom or source of the overall problem we are all experiencing.

Guess I'll have to stream from my underpowered Macbook until a fix on Yamaha/Steinberg's end allows me to use the stream PC for the audio.

KTCflute

Tried 2.0.4 drivers... same issue, bad audio even though it doesn't quite disconnects.

So, I tried 2.1.3 drivers again, and tried again to see if I notice anything.

Setting to software encoding instead of NVENC didn't stop the disconnects.

I notice it kicks my AG03MK2 off the USB chain when OBS first starts, and also when I do any sort of streaming, whether it's a test broadcast or an actual broadcast.

Under normal usage, it doesn't kick off, if at all. So.... I am beginning to think it may actually be an OBS issue, coupled with something within the Yamaha Steinberg USB driver.

Thoughts?

fabiocog

I finally solved this problem. for some reason my hardware is causing latencies on the pci express, that's why my problem happens.

after replacing the entire computer. I was only able to stabilize 100% the problem, setting pci express x16 slot to x8 in bios.
in the case of asrock I put x8 x8. problem solved!!

I can open any program. including obs and audio no longer disconnects. this is because my processor has integrated video and I use a vga card. for the other programs there is no problem. but for this Mixer it is a fatality. ps: boot must be in uefi mode and csm must be disabled. you can use driver 2.1.3 that will work.

KTCflute

Unfortunately, I'm on an HP Victus, which I don't think allows me to change PCI express speeds in the BIOs.

I tested out Twitch Studio, which I'm not sure is based on OBS or not. and also run in to the same problem... So basically any streaming program I run kicks the AG03MK2 with Yamaha Steinberg USB drivers off the USB chain.

Useless driver. Hope they fix this soon.

fabiocog

just for testing, disable your webcam and your capture card. and open obs. most likely the problem will not happen. then talk here.

KTCflute

just for testing, disable your webcam and your capture card. and open obs. most likely the problem will not happen. then talk here.
Okay - so I generally don't run a capture card unless I'm trying to screenshare my ipad for music scores, so that's easily eliminated. I ran a fresh scene, no default audio sources. Test blank bandwidth test. Rock solid. No Ag03 dropping. Added a desktop video display capture... also rock solid.

Now... added in Reincubate Camo. Breaks. Swapped Reincubate Camo for my Logitech C992 webcam... also breaks.

So... does that mean something in the Yamaha driver is conflicting with webcam sources? Or is it something else?

Thanks for the troubleshoot fabiocog... at least it seems we now have a trigger.

-K

fabiocog

it's not really a conflict. but after a lot of testing I realize that it has tremendous sensitivity on the gpu bus. interfering with the mixer.

when you open the webcam or capture card. it uses this bus and lacks a pci express line to keep everything fluid. that's why I lowered the slot speed, to have more bandwidth for the mobo. to solve your problem or remove the gpu and use the integrated graphics. or find a way to lower this slot speed from 16 to 8.

or change the processor to one without integrated graphics. what is your processor and vga?

KTCflute

it's not really a conflict. but after a lot of testing I realize that it has tremendous sensitivity on the gpu bus. interfering with the mixer.

when you open the webcam or capture card. it uses this bus and lacks a pci express line to keep everything fluid. that's why I lowered the slot speed, to have more bandwidth for the mobo. to solve your problem or remove the gpu and use the integrated graphics. or find a way to lower this slot speed from 16 to 8.

or change the processor to one without integrated graphics. what is your processor and vga?
Sorry it took so long to get back to you - It's an HP Victus 15-L prebuilt system, so it has an AMD Ryzen 5600G (the G I assume means there is integrated graphics, and there seems to be some sort of display port that's bolted shut on the case). The system comes with some sort of NVidia RTX 3060 GPU that takes up one of the PCI slots that it's currently using.

I'll see if I can spend time later this week trying some other configurations (like disabling graphics card and going to integrated, and using x264 instead of NVENC). A shame, as it makes the AG03/AG06 essentially useless for good streaming on a Windows PC.

KTCflute

Ah, screw it. I bought a Focusrite Solo. I'll get a vocal reverb XLR pedal, and it'll be just as good. What a difference in driver support and function!

TerminatorSAW2k

I finally solved this problem. for some reason my hardware is causing latencies on the pci express, that's why my problem happens.

after replacing the entire computer. I was only able to stabilize 100% the problem, setting pci express x16 slot to x8 in bios.
in the case of asrock I put x8 x8. problem solved!!

I can open any program. including obs and audio no longer disconnects. this is because my processor has integrated video and I use a vga card. for the other programs there is no problem. but for this Mixer it is a fatality. ps: boot must be in uefi mode and csm must be disabled. you can use driver 2.1.3 that will work.
Hello, thank you very much for your help and tips.

However, I would like to know your opinion that we have to reduce our BUS power just because Yamaha makes such a bad driver.

I have been in contact with Yamaha support for several days and they ignore every message about the driver.

It is always claimed that it is a hardware error on the audio output.

I've read in various other forums, such as Steinberg Forum, that there are also hardware BUS problems in relation to Windows / USB driver and also Yamaha pointed out several times, unfortunately it is the Yamaha Germany support does not matter.

TerminatorSAW2k

You can also still test if this old driver runs better for you without having to change your settings for the PC in the bios:

Driver Tip / Recommendation Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver Version: 2.0.3.1

KTCflute

I am happy to report that a combination of new AMD chipset drivers, OBS v.29, and the latest Yamaha Steinberg USB drivers version 2.1.5 seem to have resolved this issue for me for now. Maybe try it out again, folks!