Question / Help Xbox Console Streaming freezing

QuitPokinBrah10

So how I stream in my very roundabout way is through the xbox console companion, streaming the game to my laptop, having it on a seperate monitor via HDMI, then window capturing it from OBS Studio. Game capture and display capture never work but I can get window capture to find the Companion. But I run into the issue where just the game freezes on OBS. If I move my cursor around the screen, it still moves and the overlay from the console companion appears but just the game is stopped. If I click the quality change button on the companion, it fixes for a few seconds and then goes right back to frozen, or if I close and reopen the companion window. It als happens on every game, recently I've been playing Star Wars Battlefront 2 and minecraft, which look very very different but the same problem still occurs. I'm am unsure if this is a microsoft question or an OBS question so here I am. The console companion doesn't normally have any issues, just from it to OBS. All my internet connections are wireless because I have no way of running it but the internet is strong so I doubt that that is the problem. I've tried so many things and dont know where to go now.

RAF687

I'm running into a similar issue, but I only use the laptop monitor. The only way to have the image unfrozen is to keep the Xbox Companion as your active window - what limits me into transitioning scenes and using all other resources from OBS =(

Can you post a logfile from a stream where this was happening? That is a good place to start troubleshooting this. Please upload it as soon as you have a moment so we can review it. :) Thanks!

Spikeypup / Patrick Ewalt

Spyingryan

I also use this method to stream and I only have my laptop screen to use so the Xbox companion app has to be my active window. There is a streamlabs deck app you can use to transition scenes, mute mic, go live etc all from your phone.
However I have been running into a different issue where my twitch stream freezes. The companion app still runs fine however it is like iOBS just stops streaming to twitch. The livestream starts buffering and the only way to fix it is to close OBS and reopen and go live again which gets annoying over time. Anybody have this issue yet?