x264,Nvenc ... but I miss something

Hello ...
I just sent to support "elgato" text that you can see below and the question is aimed at you.There you can find just below the text.

Hello ...
I am the owner of your "4K60 Pro" card and I am not only a streamer but I also make videos.
As far as I know, your card has its own chip that can handle the entire encoding without burdening the processor or graphics card, but it would have to use your software that I like the other 99.9% streamers / youtuberů do not use and do not want!

Why?
1) I am used to OBS Studio
2) I know how to work with OBS Studio and generally work with it much better
3) OBS Studio is also much more reliable
4) And this way I could go on forever

And now I ask ...
In OBS Studio there is a possibility to encode over x264, Nvenc, Nvenc (new), QuickSync but option 4K60 Pro cards is not there ?!

Why?
After all, your card is probably the most widespread in the world and many people like me bought this card because they did not have to buy expensive machines. And I dare guess that more than 80% of people like me just like working with OBS Studio.

I'm really worried about this because I currently have to use either x264 or Nvenc for encoding and the goods I bought in your good faith do not go 100% !!! Actually, I currently use the card only 50% because its only activity is "view" in OBS Studio and it seems to me quite a little for the price. I would like to use this card 100% which means "Show" and "Encoding" and to use its full potential.

PS:
Please note that I will be sending this message to support the "OBS Studio" program because I would like to stop throwing more nonsensical money for additional hardware when I actually bought it as a "4k60 Pro" card but I just can't use it because you can't create the same good software as created by the group "OBS Studio Contributors"

PS2:
I apologize for my English but I come from the Czech Republic and my English is worth .......... so I used Google Translator.
Thank you for understanding.

I would also like to thank you for a possible answer and I would be really glad if this problem began to solve because it would be 100% lots of people who have already purchased your card and it would certainly be a huge plus for people who are just deciding to buy your product.

Why is there no possibility in OBS Studio to select encoding via the "4k60 Pro" card when these cards are probably the most widespread among streamers / youtubers?

Not all these people can use the full potential of this card and are forced to buy expensive components (processor or graphics card) or other even more expensive devices (dual pc streaming) to make the picture worth something and the processor with graphics card can only calmly play!

What is the problem that the OBS to date is not able to work with this card and all it can do is "display"?
After all, all of us who own this card could save huge money and did not have to buy additional equipment and could use this card 100% because I only see "display" as a 50% use of goods that was not quite cheap.

Otherwise, not just to criticize ...
OBS Studio is for me the BEST software for shooting or streaming and smekám because the program works great. Simply amazing!!!

Thank you for your reply and for the fact that there are people among us who are constantly improving this software and adding other options for us who enjoy streaming and uploading videos <3

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
The only way that OBS can use any encoder available on any device is if there is an API to do so. Elgato have not released an SDK that would allow third parties to make use of their onboard encoder, so there's no way for OBS to make use if it. There's nothing we can do on the OBS side.

The only way that OBS can use any encoder available on any device is if there is an API to do so. Elgato have not released an SDK that would allow third parties to make use of their onboard encoder, so there's no way for OBS to make use if it. There's nothing we can do on the OBS side.

Thank you very much for your quick response.
So I will try to push the manufacturer and džtak still write.

Have a nice day