WriteN, RTMP send error 10054 WriteN, RTMP send error 10038

AnsemAsphyxia

Hi guys, I have this two errors: "WriteN, RTMP send error 10054" and "WriteN, RTMP send error 10038"
How can I fix it? Please help me. There's my log.

18:19:41.132: ==== Streaming Start ===============================================
18:27:04.146: WriteN, RTMP send error 10054 (4097 bytes)
18:27:04.146: WriteN, RTMP send error 10054 (98 bytes)
18:27:04.146: WriteN, RTMP send error 10038 (42 bytes)
18:27:04.146: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Disconnected from rtmp://mil.contribute.live-video.net/app
18:27:04.146: Output 'adv_stream': stopping
18:27:04.146: Output 'adv_stream': Total frames output: 25827 (26572 attempted)
18:27:04.146: Output 'adv_stream': Total drawn frames: 26644 (26645 attempted)
18:27:04.146: Output 'adv_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 1 (0.0%)
18:27:04.146: Output 'adv_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 745 (2.8%)
18:27:04.146: Output 'adv_stream': Reconnecting in 5 seconds..
18:27:04.146: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Freeing 1269 remaining packets
18:27:04.146: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 1/26579 (0.0%)
18:27:04.194: warning: 2 frames left in the queue on closing
18:27:09.078: ==== Streaming Stop ================================================

Attachments

• logobs1.jpg
    logobs1.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 145

FerretBomb

That indicates your network losing connection to the specified server completely. This isn't an OBS issue, it's a problem with either your home network or ISP dropping out.

AnsemAsphyxia

That indicates your network losing connection to the specified server completely. This isn't an OBS issue, it's a problem with either your home network or ISP dropping out.
I call my internet company and they said I don't have issues in my connection, how can I fix that problem? It's my network card? My modem? What can I do for fix that problem? Sorry for my bad english.

FerretBomb

Unfortunately diagnosing your network connection is a very in-depth process, and really is outside the scope of OBS support.

Most commonly you'd want to check your modem's diagnostic logs to see if it disconnected or started throwing errors at the specified time you were receiving the WriteN send error. A power cycle of your modem/router can also be a good idea. Some less-expensive consumer 'home routers' will not be up to the task of handling a constant high-throughput connection, and may also be the source of the connection issue.

The first step is to discover where the connection issue is occurring.
I'd recommend a third-party piece of software called PingPlotter (they have a free version) and pointing it at your selected ingest server, leaving it running while you stream, then checking it when the WriteN errors occur. That will at least give you an idea where the disconnect is happening. Do be aware that the last hop will always show as 100% packet loss, as Twitch have disabled ICMP traffic responses on their servers.

Streamia.gr

Same issue here. It seems that it is not an ISP problem:
  • After about 1:10' OBS disconnected, at 20:41:23.938.
  • Connection indicator remained green with 0kbps, check attached image.
  • Verified that Internet connection was active. Browsing and speed test was successful.
  • Tried to stop/start streaming for several times:
    Clicked "Stop streaming" button.
    Was asked, "Are you sure you want to stop stream?".
    Replied "Yes" and "Stop streaming" button turned to off state with label "Start Streaming".
    Clicked again "Start Streaming" button.
    Was asked again, "Are you sure you want to stop stream?".
    This mean that OBS did not change its status to "not streaming".
    In log file you can see stop attempts but not start attempts, at 20:47:13.645.
  • OBS never recovered the connection.
This is happening from time to time, is a crucial issue because it is a streaming stopper.
Any help would be most appreciated.

Regards, Panagiotis

Attachments

• 2021-06-30 17-06-01.txt
    69.2 KB · Views: 273
  • screenshot-1.jpg
    screenshot-1.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 264

grupy

I am dealing with same issue. I called my ISP and after diagnostics they said everything is fine. I changed my router and modem like 6 months or so ago, and was fine working until like a month ago. It was working decen in between like for a week and now it started again. Its disconnecting and reconnecting. I changed my server multiple times and still doesn't work. Any suggestions? Thank you.

genazhclima

Same issue here. Seems like users who are changing routers experience the same problem. If this may be a network problem I hope OBS dev team can do sth abt it.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    24.6 KB · Views: 179
  • 2021-11-06 15-16-13.txt
    136.5 KB · Views: 59

konsolenritter

If this may be a network problem I hope OBS dev team can do sth abt it.

If your postal service has transportation problems in your region in general, can you heal it by wrapping your parcels more careful and diligent at home?

(I guess you got it: Providers are your postal service for ip packets. OBS provides the packets each second. OBS devs can't do much if the transportation stuck at all.)

Don't trust providers and their hotlines. Ten or twenty years ago my brothers dsl line got worse once or twice a year. Strange to say: everytime it was weeks after aggressive hard-sell of the provider in the whole region. They sold more connections than they could handle neat so they dropped resources from their existing customers. Even measurably (SNR, bit failure rates aso. when they linked too much customers to the cables). Nightly dropouts when the switched existing customers to older lines or dslam hardware on other urban quarters. They insistently denied such actions (all other would have cost them reimbursements.)

genazhclima

If your postal service has transportation problems in your region in general, can you heal it by wrapping your parcels more careful and diligent at home?

(I guess you got it: Providers are your postal service for ip packets. OBS provides the packets each second. OBS devs can't do much if the transportation stuck at all.)

Don't trust providers and their hotlines. Ten or twenty years ago my brothers dsl line got worse once or twice a year. Strange to say: everytime it was weeks after aggressive hard-sell of the provider in the whole region. They sold more connections than they could handle neat so they dropped resources from their existing customers. Even measurably (SNR, bit failure rates aso. when they linked too much customers to the cables). Nightly dropouts when the switched existing customers to older lines or dslam hardware on other urban quarters. They insistently denied such actions (all other would have cost them reimbursements.)
I have tried changing routers. This is still happening. This started happening when I upgraded my Internet service from Copper to Fiber. During Copper era I am not having this issue. Reason why I change from Copper to Fiber is to upgrade my Speed Plan from 15mbps to a 50.

konsolenritter

Did you follow Thomasz' hint to check with WinMTR at all?
You had the great screenshot showing the (long) dropouts during streaming. What says WinMTR during such dropouts? Can you ping the same server(s)? Can you reach others the very same moment?