Would be great to have a single show production source that just about does all

zeikai

I created a tool that has made the show production truly sensational and intriguing (at least for my purposes). It is done entirely in javascript and works fine as a browser source, but it would be great as a plugin with all the features because this configuration requires HTTP and that needs a server so I use XAMPP. I lack the C# skills and have little to no knowledge of OBS API to develop this as a plug so hopefully one with all the abilities may see value in this and make it a reality.

I am aware that I can do just about all the tasks this tool does within OBS, but that process was very complex and greater chance for error during a show (yes I did all that). It required many groups, text sources, color background sources and just an overload of sources.

What this does
  • Dynamically add items to the playlist, with text overlay. The text serves somewhat as a tele-prompt to read about the video before loading to the stage.
  • Dynamically edit items in the play list before and after loading to stage and it updates real time.
  • Set the playlist to continuous play with fade crossover or load manually with single click.
  • Dynamic search of the playlist and auto trim array by character entry
  • Switch play list by selector or merge multiple lists
  • Add time elapse subtitles
  • Play local files and from remote sources like youtube, vimeo etc
  • Loads mp4, ogg, webm, mp3, wav, jpg, gif, webp, png
  • On screen telestrator to highlight points with mouse draw
Vendor scripts
  • jQuery
  • jQuery UI
  • JPlayer / playlist plugin / popcorn plugin (subtitles)
  • Select2
  • jQuery drawr

OBS browser interact window

browser-source.jpg

Display

onscreen.jpg

zeikai

This is an illustration of the plugin concept with the dynamic playlist as a dock and the properties editor below the stage as normal. The telestrator would also be docked.

proposed.jpg