Windows Script Host error

EvanDaNoob

image_2024-07-06_213537022.png

I recently deleted OBS Studio and this window keeps popping up once every 5-10 minutes, how do I fix or remove it?

PaiSand

That's strange because there should not be a bin\ folder in that path.
Probably something you added to OBS inserted this vbs script or you used an script to automate something within OBS.

EvanDaNoob

That's strange because there should not be a bin\ folder in that path.
Probably something you added to OBS inserted this vbs script or you used an script to automate something within OBS.
I did not do anything to it, last time I used it was like year(s) ago and I only removed it today

koala

OBS Studio doesn't come with any *.vbs script and without any scheduled task, so what you see is something that was initiated by something else. Whatever it is, it was probably you by installing some 3rd party addon, or task, or workaround. It's not a standard part of OBS.

EvanDaNoob

OBS Studio doesn't come with any *.vbs script and without any scheduled task, so what you see is something that was initiated by something else. Whatever it is, it was probably you by installing some 3rd party addon, or task, or workaround. It's not a standard part of OBS.
I see. Are there any ways I can remove this thing?

koala

Since it's popping up on a regular basis, there is some app in background scheduling the execution of that script. I would first look into the Windows Task Scheduler.

EvanDaNoob

Since it's popping up on a regular basis, there is some app in background scheduling the execution of that script. I would first look into the Windows Task Scheduler.
I found the fix and disabled a running ask named "ar" for some reason, anyways tysm