Question / Help Windows 8.1 and Ableton audio trouble/Streaming

numb3r_xiii

Trying to get my livestream for twitch going but Having trouble getting sound from Ableton.. Everything else getting sound, was wondering if someone would be able to help me out?? Was hoping someone could just join my Twitch livestream and help me through the chat and I could show the setup process I am using..

windows 8.1 OS, msi military grade motherboard, nvidia gtx 670, 16 G trident ram, ivy bridge 3.4 G processor, 2 intel 6G/Sata HDs ... not sure if i named those correctly, for audio interface im using akai renaissance which has given me trouble since day one and the tech support is garbage.. the interface still works but the actual mpc program is useless as the interface firmware update bricked the actual mpc functionality (doesnt run the plugin) but still works as an audio interface...

DEDRICK

You cannot use ASIO in Ableton, OBS won't pick it up as desktop audio. You will have to use DX or Wave, both of which suffer from much higher latency so don't use it with anything you need to sync with video or you will want to pull your hair out

Last edited:

numb3r_xiii

Good to know Dedrick, I heard rumor of a Voxengo plugin that had a workaround for this by using mme direct as an alternative output via the master channel. So the plugin is put on master channel and uses mme direct as the output while still having my asio as the main driver in the interface selection window... This may have less latency impact?

Anyone know anything about this?

DEDRICK

Good to know Dedrick, I heard rumor of a Voxengo plugin that had a workaround for this by using mme direct as an alternative output via the master channel. So the plugin is put on master channel and uses mme direct as the output while still having my asio as the main driver in the interface selection window... This may have less latency impact?

Anyone know anything about this?

Yes, it's called Voxengo Recorder, it's a free VST. You put it on your Master Channel which reroutes audio to a different audio device but it comes with added delay, way more than switching to DX in Ableton and adjusting your input and output buffers.

If you have Ableton 9.0+ you will need to use jBridge to bridge the VST to 64bit as it is only available in 32bit

I was cleaning up my mic and I tried it because I am very familiar with Ableton but the delay was too much, I couldn't sync with my webcam. I ended up going with Reaper because it has WASAPI support.

Last edited:

numb3r_xiii

What about Jack router? its has its own interfacing option that I could background asio from and use jack router as the interface... im working with what i got and i really dont want to switch to reaper and learn a new program as much as i love exploring new programs... I have jBridge and am going to try the recorder option but the delay latency doesn't sound promising.. Ill give Voxengo a go then im going to try jack audio interface and see what happens, thanks for the input, Ill report any success/failure..