Windows 11

telur1

Hi ,
i am been using OBS for the livestream of my church for the past 1 year and its great . thanks . but like the tread say , windows 11. I am still using my win 10 and will be urgrading to win 11 ( already given the free upgrade ) my question is will OBS support it when i upgrade to win 11

deFrisselle

It should but there may be issues with Windows 11 itself I'd wait at least 6 months to upgrade MS should have most issues ironed out by then

Lawrence_SoCal

I'd recommend looking into history of Windows ME, Vista, & 8. Now ask yourself how soon you want to jump on that every other release?
One can hope things get better in 6 months.... but those prior examples were always half-baked solutions that needed the next release to finish the transition and end up with reasonable system. So, I'm not holding my breath on Win11 being 'good to go' in 6 months. I'll be happy if I'm wrong...

Unless there is something very specific you need in Win11 (which seems unlikely at this point), I'd hold off (which is what I'm advising our HoW) for now

telur1

hi thanks for the reponse , i took a gamble and it work . so windows 11 does support OBS, just hope nothing else wrong but to play it safe , i will have a backup laptop for this week's live

Last edited:

qhobbes

For the time being, I'd go by what's currently stated on https://obsproject.com/download, "The Windows release of OBS Studio supports Windows 8, 8.1 and 10." It's great that it works and sure that this will change in the next major release or two. Keep an eye out for test builds.
OBS can run on Windows 7 too but it doesn't mean it's supported.

mazfach

It should but there may be issues with Windows 11 itself I'd wait at least 6 months to upgrade MS should have most issues ironed out by then
here my issue on Dell Vostro upgraded to Windows 11 + NVIDIA GeForce MX250
OBS_bug_view_Win11.png

even the graphic driver also updated.

mister c

I had it working on Windows 11 but then the sound stopped recording from my mic. (tried several mic's.) I have tried everything even a chat with Microsoft but still no solution.

OlwenRobert

I got Windows 11 set up and it was functioning, but suddenly my microphone's sound recording stopped. (I tried a few mics.) I did everything, even chatting with Microsoft, but there is still no answer.

iscribble

deFrisselle

I got Windows 11 set up and it was functioning, but suddenly my microphone's sound recording stopped. (I tried a few mics.) I did everything, even chatting with Microsoft, but there is still no answer.

iscribble
Please start a new topic for your issue and post an OBS log from a recording or streaming session