Bug Report Windows 10 not displaying Logitech C920

shaolin

Hey guys. I`ve just updated my windows to version 10 and everything works neat but my webcam. It opens normal on logitech program so i can preview and record videos and so on, but on OBS i just get a black screen. Any thoughts?

Log File

Attachments

• 2015-07-04 07-24-49.txt
    5.3 KB · Views: 80

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
What kind of webcam is it? It's not open in any other programs at the same time, is it?

shaolin

This one http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/hd-pro-webcam-c920

It was not opened in another program. I double checked it even though it works fine on skype, Mozilla Hello and on the logitech software itself. My guess is that mayyybe obs-studio should do something diferrent due to Win10 version (it was just fine on Win7).

It works fine on OBS 0.651

I know that you guys have a lot to do yet on porting before starting to bother to win10 specific stuff but i`m just reporting for future.

Last edited:

Jason Bland

Just downloaded windows 10 myself and it works partially.
(Although a graphical error keeps happening that stops the camera from working, I simply exit OBS and re enter it and it works fine.) Ps sorry for the bad mugshot. its like 7 AM here

The file 2015-07-06-19-57 appeared when I got the graphical error. the other one was the original I was going to send you.

upload_2015-7-6_7-20-28.png

Attachments

• 2015-07-06 07-19-57.txt
    4.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 2015-07-06 07-16-29.txt
    12.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Jason Bland

Okay update I could keep editing the last one, but I was to lazy. I keep getting graphical errors when I start up OBS. It works partially, but then I get a graphical error after a minute or so.
So, here is another log.
EXT. I attempted recording, I was able to record 47 minutes straight. I stopped simply because I felt it was extremely successful. I'll stream later today and tell you if I have any hiccups.
EXT. Stream crashed, but upon crashing windows 10 then displayed everything on my second monitor and everything became unclickable. I then used a single monitor and everything has worked fine. (For several hours straight.) I am going to reinstall my graphics drivers. And test it again with two monitors. If it doesn't work I can use my laptop to display chat and the stream running in the background.
Final stream worked for an Hour and 45 minutes. Then my OS crashed. And my computer is stuck at the boot screen. FML.

Attachments

• 2015-07-06 07-26-47.txt
    6.8 KB · Views: 60
Last edited: