Windows 10 2004 update with GPU Schedueling causing OBS work bad

ZetsubouFallen

Hello.

Just logged to throw some insight on this problem...

Since windows 10 2004 a new feature introduced "GPU Schedueling"

This feature gives total control on the gpu and improves frame rates with lower latency...

The thing is that some games like call of duty warzone that maximizes my GPU usage, makes things on a second windows go kinda choppy, even watching videos on youtube might give me spikes.

While streaming with OBS it happens the same, even if using CPU instead of nvenc (my setup is a ryzen 3700x 4.4 and 1080 gtx).

Just wanted to give a heads up if someone has this kinda of issue... the current solution is to disable gpu schedueling at the cost of some FPS.

mrmatthew2k

I'm seeing similar behavior, right after I enabled hardware accelerated gpu scheduling. A game that maxes my GPU like Apex Legends causes very bad stutter and complete freezing of the game capture. A game with low GPU utilization like csgo, causes no problems.

Padinn

I'm noticing flickering in OBS preview (and on stream) using these latest Nvidia drivers with HAGS enabled. Also noticed RTX voice was cutting in and out. This was while playing COD MW.

KaJ

Same issue, I noticed a lot of frame skipping, flashing, and stuttering in OBS when GPU Hardware Scheduling is enabled. If I disable it, it works just fine.