Windows 10 2004 - broken monitor audio

cotolez

Hi everyone
I just want to let you know that I've installed the Windows 10 2004 feature update and the Audio Monitoring feature in OBS is not working anymore.
I had to rollback to 1909
I'm using a USB mixer from Behringer as sound card

Ciao
M.

koala

The Windows update process reveals issues with not 100% conforming 3rd party audio drivers: some of their names get mixed and changed. The solution is not to rollback to the previous Windows version, instead uninstall the custom audio drivers and reinstall them. Afterwards go through the OBS audio configuration and verify the configured audio devices are still valid. Best is to just set them again in OBS: in Settings->Audio->Devices and Settings->Audio->Advanced->Monitoring device.
In case you have custom audio sources added, open their properties and re-set the device name.

mweaver

I'm having the same issue. The only drivers I have are for realtek audio which came with my computer. Is the same solution suggested - reinstall realtek driver?

I fixed the problem by assigning the realtek driver to OBS in Windows settings instead of having it set to default.

koala

There are no specific issues with Realtek drivers with the Windows 10 2004 update, except perhaps extremely old drivers. If there were any issue with current drivers, the forum and any other Windows 10 related forum would explode with this issue, because half of all Windows machines in the world are running with Realtek, but they didn't explode.

(Actually the forum exploded since a few months, but this isn't due to Windows 10 updates or Realtek drivers, but because of the Corona crisis where a vast number of new OBS users come here with their issues. But basically the issues are the same as ever: I have lags, I have black screen, I have bad quality, How do I configure audio)

kyle_thompson

I had a similar problem with my Behringer USB interface, initially I opted for the Rollback to 1909 but still had the monitoring issue. What fixed it for me was to unplug the Behringer and plug it into a different USB port on the computer. After I re-assigned my audio devices in OBS (Audio Sources and Monitoring Device) with the "New" audio device it worked exactly like it should.

panocha

(Actually the forum exploded since a few months, but this isn't due to Windows 10 updates or Realtek drivers, but because of the Corona crisis where a vast number of new OBS users come here with their issues. But basically the issues are the same as ever: I have lags, I have black screen, I have bad quality, How do I configure audio)
I think Windows 10 is coussing trouble with it comunication with OBS. I can use my Behringer UM2 with every program. I was doing well in Windows 7. But now I can't get to move the meter. I moved to another USB and nothing. I'll try the others...

panocha

Hi everyone
I just want to let you know that I've installed the Windows 10 2004 feature update and the Audio Monitoring feature in OBS is not working anymore.
I had to rollback to 1909
I'm using a USB mixer from Behringer as sound card

Ciao
M.
Try this.
Go to windows logo, type change system sounds, recording tab and change 44100hz to 48000hz and it started to work!!!
Hope it help!