Question / Help Window Capture

davdue

I am new to OBS and trying to use window capture to get video from a Canon EOS DSLR using it's utility program. In a YouTube video they show this window to set the region for the window capture. I am using V23.1.0 (64 bit) OBS. It don't get an option to set the region so I get all of the window which includes all the buttons, tools, etc. not just the video. Am I missing a setting someplace?

window capture.PNG

https://obsproject.com/logs/bxteAsveT8qhWTwW

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
That screenshot is from OBS classic, which is super old and dead at this point. You should ignore anything in the video if they're using classic.

davdue

So there isn't a way with the new software to specify the part of the window to capture anymore? Can I not do this with the Canon EOS Utilty anymore. Another video shows using Sparkocam. Will that work then?

I am trying to get our church services livestreamed on YouTube with the current hardware I have which is a Windows 10 I5 computer, Canon EOS Rebel T6 DSLR. If there are other ways with little to now expense to do this I would appreciate the suggestions.

davdue

Got it working. Is there a way to save the region in the window capture so you don't have to repeat the process every time you start a live stream? Also is there a manual or a help file that I can reference to learn more about OBS?

koala

The saving of the cropped region is automatic. As long as you don't delete and re-add the source, the cropped borders are saved automatically as property of the source.
Help can be accessed by clicking on the HELP link in the top right corner of this website. General help is behind the Wiki/Guides section.