Question / Help Window Capture Question

Sunshinefox

Hello!

I just came from this thread where I was needing to fix my tablet computer having only a black screen, but that Graphics Setting changed to Power Saving did the trick and now I am back in business! ... sort of :)

I am an artist and use Photoshop, and I like to have have a duplicate preview window for recording because it doesn't show me spinning the canvas every which way while drawing, making viewers dizzy @_@

My problem is now I can capture my whole display with OBS but when I add a Window Capture it shows Photoshop... but the art canvas doesn't show? You can see the program tools and such and even the cursor moving around, but where the canvas part should be, in OBS it is just simply not there or it only shows a white area!

Please help and thank you!
obs_forum_question_apr2020.JPG

carlmmii

Window capture cannot grab anything other than the base window layer. To capture any pop-out windows or drop-down menus, display capture must be used. There is no other way.

Sunshinefox

Window capture cannot grab anything other than the base window layer. To capture any pop-out windows or drop-down menus, display capture must be used. There is no other way.
Ah okay, so just to be sure I'm following... if I maybe added a separate monitor I could have that as a 2nd display capture? and just simply move specific windows to that screen for recording? As I understand it the display capture can only grab a single screen, which right now I only have my cintiq screen, but I could easily add a monitor to my setup.

carlmmii

That should work for your situation, I think? Unfortunately I'm not all that familiar with how the physical rotation part of this works with different capture methods.

I will say though that display capture will grab one monitor for each display capture source you add. If you need to grab multiple screens, you can add multiple display capture sources.

If you need to crop one of those display capture sources (or any source for that matter), you can hold alt and drag the bounding box to crop in.