Window Capture Keep Crashing OBS (Done for years now)

Dvalin

Hello OBS Forum,

I've been dealing with an issue for over a year now, and it's finally reached the point where I need to post about it.

Here's what happens:

1. Open OBS.
2. Add a Window Capture source.
3. Hold down ALT to crop the window.
4. Adjust the size of the source by dragging the corners to make it larger or smaller.
5. Move it around, crop it a bit more, and reposition it.

And then, boom—it crashes. This happens whenever I'm streaming or trying to record a video. I've been putting off posting here because I didn't have the energy to create a profile, but I've finally done it.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, and is there a fix?

For some reason, my OBS isn’t saving crash files. How can I enable this feature?

But i got a log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/1K7BPrftiKmwUUSR

PaiSand

Please upload the crash file. You'll find it from within the Help menu (bellow log file) or in the same path %appdata%\obs-studio\
Make sure the date and time is corresponding.

Dvalin

Please upload the crash file. You'll find it from within the Help menu (bellow log file) or in the same path %appdata%\obs-studio\
Make sure the date and time is corresponding.
Do you know why my Crash folder is empty?

PaiSand

If there's no crash report then OBS isn't crashing but something else is and causes OBS to close without any other warning.
Backup your profile and scene collection, uninstall OBS removing settings. Reinstall OBS. See if it happens again. If not, import the profile and scene collection.
Test.

By the way, OBS 30.2.3 was released.