Window capture issue

Gizzer87

Hello, I have in OBS Photoshop window source (window capture) but I can't see any Photoshop menu, no panels, no right-click menu, choosing color etc. Is there any solution except Display capture please?

Banyarola

Try right cliciking on the source and select INTERACT..
That will allow you to right click etc. on the source.

Gizzer87

Could you send a screenshot of your obs please ? I don't really understand your problem.
This is the problem: https://youtu.be/o3mNlQiwGcQ (Photoshop on the left, OBS on the right). I have classic OBS and Streamlabs OBS - both the same problem.

Try right cliciking on the source and select INTERACT..
That will allow you to right click etc. on the source.
"Interact" is grey, I can't click on that.

koala

Photoshop seems to use overlay windows for creating the app appearance, which cannot be captured by OBS. OBS only captured the main window, not the overlay parts. Display capture is the only workaround.

Sub_SSB

This may be due to the fact that photoshop itself and the different tools (color palet, etc.) are different windows.
In this case, you would have to add other sources that would capture the other windows.
If that's not what I don't really understand what's going on, sorry.

koala

These "overlay windows" are not the usual app or dialog windows. They cannot be explicitly found or selected for capture, they are internal. As I wrote: the only way to capture these kind of app is display capture.

By the way, window capture will never capture any popup menu or main menu, in almost no app. In almost all apps, these are created as tiny windows overlaid on top of the usual app surface. This is not specific to Photoshop. The only exception is when the app is "painting" the menu within the main window. Most games do it this way with their ingame menus.