Window capture doesn't

rshepard

I have two scenes set up. One is the webcam the other is for a slide show. The latter can't be added as a slide show because it's a PDF file. So I changed that screen source to 'Window Capture (Xcomposite). The application is xpdf and OBS recognizes this as the application to display but only the (red) outline is on the OBS display. The trackball cursor displays when I move it around the xpdf window, but not the contents of the file.

Looking at options for that scene/source I don't see what I need to select or modify to have this application display in the recording window. A clue stick is definitely needed.

The OBS display is attached. When I go to the main Help menu I don't know where to look for the last log file. A pointer to finding it is also needed.

Regards,

Rich

Attachments

• obs-screenshot.png
    obs-screenshot.png
    24 KB · Views: 14

rshepard

Of course. And this morning I found where OBS studio is writing the logs. I've attached the one from this morning when I had the PDF slide show (displayed with xpdf) open in a different Xfce4 workspace. OBS sees all workspaces and had no problem when I told it to load the slide show. But, still a black screen.

Attachments

• 2021-02-09-06-56-46.txt
    26.5 KB · Views: 12

rshepard

No. Slackware-14.2/x86_64. The newer versions won't build here because other libraries are too old. I'll finish wiring my new desktop and install -current on it (the forthcoming -15.0). Until then I'll learn how to use ffmpeg to record.

Thanks very much, Tuna,

Rich

Tuna

OBS loads a VMWare OpenGL driver, I'm not quite sure what it is.. since these capture options often depoend on hardware and driver.. I would recommend to try with recent components always.. where possible.