Win 10 RX 5700 XT - Game Capture - Any Fullscreen Application - suddenly stopped working

Triff

So for the past month I've been grabbing replays of games without issues, now suddenly it's stopped working? OBS just shows a black preview and a black recording with multiple games mainly CS:GO but PubG, CoH2, CS:Source, AoE2HD all no longer capture, I don't get what the issue is, Display capture still works but apparently that's kinda bad for gaming compared to Game Capture, especially at 144HZ I guess?

Also I get this error now with CS:GO but I guess this is the new anti-cheat causing issues?

22:19:49.108: [game-capture: 'Game Capture'] attempting to hook process: csgo.exe
22:19:49.117: [game-capture: 'Game Capture'] using helper (compatibility hook)
22:19:49.127: [game-capture: 'Game Capture'] hook not loaded yet, retrying..

This is my log file - I opened, OBS, started AoE2 (AoK), black preview, tried to start replay mode and capture a replay, it was black

Attachments

• 2020-07-19 22-33-06.txt
    16.4 KB · Views: 1

qhobbes

Please be aware that the version of Windows you are running has a limitation which causes performance issues in hardware accelerated applications (such as games) if multiple monitors with different refresh rates are present. Your system's monitors have 2 different refresh rates, so you are affected by this limitation.

To fix this issue, we recommend updating to the Windows 10 May 2020 Update. Follow these instructions if you're not sure how to update.

Triff

oh Rip, I did wonder if it was trusted mode, Is there any fix in the pipeline from Value/OBS? how does Radeon ReLive still manage to capture?

CS:GO aside, why's my preview broken for other games like AoE2 and PubG? when they used to work ok?

Also I'd like to read more about this windows refresh rate thing as I'd not heard about it? do you have a link to a KB or article? thanks