Question / Help Will OBS work with ION Video 2 PC hardware?

Blandford Flyer

Hi, Does anybody know if OBS will work with Video 2 PC hardware? a friend has given me this V2PC kit after he copied all his old family VHS tapes several years ago. I can't get it to work in Windows 10. I've installed the software from the CD and downloaded additional drivers and read as much as I can find online but cannot see the VCR when I connect it via USB. I've given up messing around and have just uninstalled it to buy alternative converter / transfer hardware. Before doing this I wondered if anyone knew whether OBS might work with Video 2 PC hardware?

koala

If your hardware is recognized by Windows as Video Capture device, the same thing as a Webcam device, you can use it with OBS. It must appear in Windows Device Manager.

Make sure the driver you installed for the capture device has the same bitness (32 or 64 bit) as OBS. You cannot use a 32-bit driver with a 64-bit OBS, and vice versa. If in doubt, download and install both versions of OBS (32-bit as well as 64-bit) and look in both of them if the capture device can be found.

Blandford Flyer

Hi... Thanks for yeour response! Yes ... I can see the V2PC hardware in device manager but there is also a message underneath it stating "Driver is unavailable". It states on the V2 PC packaging that minimum requirements are: Windows XP or Vista 32 Bit only. I hadn't considered the Bit rate. Will have another play with it. Thanks again... your advice is much appreciated!

Alyaoyalyalya

Hi... Thanks for yeour response! Yes ... I can see the V2PC hardware in device manager but there is also a message underneath it stating "Driver is unavailable". It states on the V2 PC packaging that minimum requirements are: Windows XP or Vista 32 Bit only. I hadn't considered the Bit rate. Will have another play with it. Thanks again... your advice is much appreciated!
Hello! I am having the exact same problem that you have stated! Keen to know if you found a solution or if OBS worked and if so which cable u used to connect the hardware to PC? Thanks!