WIFI IP Webcam issues

Reneveah977

So, this really isnt an OBS issue but I am sure many here have dealt with IP Webcam issues... I tried related forums and , they just are not any help.
So, I want to run an IP webcam from my android phone to run in OBS..... here is the thing. It will not work at all on my home WIFI set up.
I tested this connecting everything to my mobile hotspot and it worked like a charm.... when it comes to using my steady home WIFI, nothing.. I get the IP address from the app, plug it in, nothing. I checked my router settings to the best of my understanding, all seems good. I am not sure what all to actually check to get this to work while everything is connected to my home WIFI Netgear router. I've spent days reading and researching and have not budged a bit on progress. Anyone had this issue and defeated it? I have a project coming up where an IP Webcam is ideal for the task. Thanks!

koala

In case you're speaking of the "IP Webcam" Android app, the URL you need to use with the media source of OBS is: http://10.1.0.21:8080/video

Replace 10.1.0.21 with the IP address of your smartphone. The /video suffix is missing from the app display, but required with OBS.

Lawrence_SoCal

I am not sure what all to actually check to get this to work while everything is connected to my home WIFI Netgear router.

For others... a typical/default WiFi setup is to create a guest environment where WiFi clients are prevented from talking to your local network. This is a good thing... usually. So, for this scenario you need to check your access point/router config to make sure your mobile device can talk to OBS. Ports can be opened, and other secure steps (but more complicated). Or the less/(in-) secure route of placing WiFi client on same network as OBS PC