Why My Stream Looks like 480p instead of 720p on Facebook?

Kevin3012

I'm having problems streaming games on Facebook with 720p 30fps.

My settings on OBS are Encorder - x264

Bitrate - 3500kpbs

CPU Usage - Ultra Fast

My specs - Intel Core i7-17700hq

Nvidia Geforce 1050 TI

8gb RAM

No matter what CPU usage I changed to like very fast, super fast, fast, faster, all of them didn't make my stream looks clear at all and I try to play around with the bitrate from 2000 to 4000 and none of them work

Kevin3012

My log - https://obsproject.com/logs/Ql89zArBhlO-et9c

Before this, I have problem making NVEC as my encoder but I managed to do it but it still the same for me. I have done a test stream on Facebook with the default settings,

Bitrate - 2500kpbs

Present- Quality

Profile- High

And it is still the same so I changed it again to see if it work,

Bitrate - 3500kbps

Present - Max quality

Profile - High

And it is still same

Kevin3012

Sorry, I don't understand what you said but there is no black screen for mine. Just the quality is bad when streaming

Lawrence_SoCal

20:41:06.611: Running as administrator: false
run obs everytime as admin

Per senior OBS admins here, running OBS as Admin is recommended ONLY when dealing with GPU (and maybe CPU) contention issues? Otherwise bad security practice and unnecessary. On a i7-10700 and GTX 1660 Super, recording at 1080p and streaming at 720p, I have no need to (and don't) run OBS as admin, and have plenty of resources to spare... so... your mileage may vary.

As to original poster, as a basic troubleshooting step, I'd recommend Recording (not streaming) and see how that looks. That way you can isolate if source material/encoder settings an issue, or something specific to stream settings, or stream provider

Kevin3012

Recording is fine for me for most games. No lag and quality is good but I will try making OBS as admin and see how it goes

Kevin3012

I tried both. Update OBS and switch to High performance NVIDIA processor in NVIDIA Control Panel and nothing seem to work. I have attached a screenshot on how my stream looks and this is 1080p 60fps by the way

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 123
Last edited: